We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westin Los Cabos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
Westin Los Cabos

We are going to Los Cabos March 24-31 and staying at the Westin - I've read mixed reviews about the hotel; just wondering if anyone here as stayed recently? If so, how was your experience? Thank you!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,096 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westin Los Cabos

Hi......I stopped in with my golf buddies for lunch. Impressive looking Hotel. It apprears to have some incredible views from most of the rooms.

We walked down to the beach and there were a few people swimming in the surf. Most places on the corridor have red flags up as this place did. Its swim at your own risk. I would swim here on an average day. There were waves, But they can really be rough on some days, and I would not go in on rough days. they have a nice beach here and a lovely infinity pool. The restaurant right on the beach was great and we had the best hamburgers platters $12 here from our entire trip. Drinks $7/$9 were equeally impressive. Prices were average for a resort. The resort did not seem crowded, but its hard to tell. Many sold out resorts can seem empty with all the activities and places to go in the area.

But Yes we really liked the look and feel of this Impressive resort. The people at the front were very eager to help the arriving customers.

Edited: 6:20 pm, February 20, 2013
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westin Los Cabos

We have stayed there quite a few times and love it. Attended a family wedding there last month with about 70 people staying at the Westin.

Arlington Heights...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Westin Los Cabos

We are here now but staying @ club Regina timeshare next door. Been here since Sunday. Our 5th time. Fanomimal resort. So beautiful. Doesn't seem very busy to me. Lots of chairs available at the pools. We have boycotted the westin restaurants since they don't want our USD. Pesos or credit card Only. Their loss , we would have dropped a ton of money here as we always loved the breakfast/dinner buffets. We go to cabo & San Jose a few times but mostly stay at the resort. We are also from Chicago food and beverage prices are right in line with Chicago prices

Edited: 10:38 pm, February 20, 2013
Arlington Heights...
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Westin Los Cabos

We are here now but staying @ club Regina timeshare next door. Been here since Sunday. Our 5th time. Fanomimal resort. So beautiful. Doesn't seem very busy to me. Lots of chairs available at the pools. We have boycotted the westin restaurants since they don't want our USD. Pesos or credit card Only. Their loss , we would have dropped a ton of money here as we always loved the breakfast/dinner buffets. We go to cabo & San Jose a few times but mostly stay at the resort. I was a little annoyed since they took our USD at breakfast one morning but wouldn't at dinner

Arlington Heights...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Westin Los Cabos

Oops sorry for the double post with my editing

Ohio
Level Contributor
849 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westin Los Cabos

We will also be staying at the Westin in March, and it is good to hear recent feedback. Although most of the hundreds of posted reviews are very good, you always get a few negative ones. You just have to chalk it up to people who are difficult to please, had an atypically bad experience, or even sabotage. With all TA reviews, we go with the majority who have had a great time there.

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Westin Los Cabos

Thank you for the information! We are so excited - over the Chicago weather and need sun!

8. Re: Westin Los Cabos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 23, 2014