We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TravelJudy does Chinese for Walk #6...Restaurant 168

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,762 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
TravelJudy does Chinese for Walk #6...Restaurant 168

I have been so hungry for Chinese food...normally have it in Minneapolis the night before my flight to Mexico at a favorite little place we always ate at when we lived there...but when the blizzard was coming...went to the airport early and without my Chinese fix!!

Been looking all over Cabo San Lucas for Chinese...then saw the postings on Trip Advisor and just had to find this restaurant.

Easy walk...From the Marina Blvd. just walk back up to Lazaro Cardenas, then it's Nino Heroes...then Ave. 16 de September...Ocampo is between Abasolo and Zaragoza...so basically right in the middle of downtown!!

Walked in and I see 9 tables set up clean and ready for lunch. About half were occupied...and by the time I left, we were all sharing any seats that were open I shared my table with a mother and two little girls. I also checked out the bathroom...spotless and had everything it should have!!

The waitress was a young Chinese woman who spoke Engllish, Spanish and did the orders to the Chinese chef! She was amazing...and excellent service.

She asked me...English or Spanish? And then brought me a menu in English. Everything on the menu has a number...so that makes it easy for all of us!!

I wanted a combination...and spent some time looking at the photos. I love chicken and I want lots of vegetables...so ordered the Cantonese Chicken Combination #2 which also comes with the special fried rice which was of interest to me, and a spring roll.

I made my mistake in ordering iced tea...having not ordered it down here I forgot to ask if it came with sugar...YES it does! So next time it will be water...or hold the sugar!! My mistake!!

My meal came and it was just perfect!! The special fried rice had chicken, pork, BBQ pork slices and shrimp. The spring roll was real good! And the Cantonese chicken...was loaded with lots of vegetables...especially broccoli that I love/crave! And it was hot and freshly made.

By now the tables were really filling up, the delivery man was running and driving orders around El Centro...they were doing a very brisk business.

The other photo of the Family Special #3 was what the young mom and the 2 kids ordered...she commented that it will feed them for the next week!! Think that is true, too!!

The big bowl of soup was very interesting, as that is one of my favorite things to order in Minneapolis...especially on a very cold winter nite! I need to return again and check out some other items on this menu!

My big meal was just 95 pesos...and I ate less than half...and it was my only meal today! Now I have enough for another day...and don't have to walk to enjoy it!!

Here is the video I just put together to show the restaurant and the food that we all had! Enjoy!!

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-075c-8386-411f

Minneapolis...
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: TravelJudy does Chinese for Walk #6...Restaurant 168

The food looks so fresh and delicious too! Enough for two or three meals, wow! Thanks so much for sharing Judy! The useful information you continue to post is appreciated not only by traveler's but by the local people of Cabo as well!

12. Re: TravelJudy does Chinese for Walk #6...Restaurant 168

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2014