We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1st time to Cabo

Have always visited the Mayan side of Mexico and the ocean is always warm this time of year. Just wondering what to expect in Cabo when we arrive this Sunday. Should I bother to pack my snorkel mask or will the ocean be too cold? Thanks.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,206 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to Cabo

It is quite cold until summer when it gradually starts to warm up. The water in Cabo is warmest in the fall. Make sure to take long pants and a jacket for the evenings as it has been chilly.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to Cabo

It is in fact chillier than the Carribean side, but there's a lot of people who still get in the ocean and swim and enjoy that. I guess it depends if you are used to colder or warmer waters...

You'd have to try for yourself :)

Enjoy.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to Cabo

On a similar note, can anyone tell me if Cabo is humid at this time of year?

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to Cabo

Very little humidity this time of year. Now October that is a different story. Weather during March and April has always been lovely with low humidity and lots of sun, but always remember it is called weather for a reason.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to Cabo

Thanks. I will leave the snorkel mask at home and bring some warm clothes. Looking forward to it.

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
365 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to Cabo

I am in Cabo right now. I've been able to get by in the evenings without wearing long pants but we haven't stayed out late. It's been perfect!

7. Re: 1st time to Cabo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 09, 2014