We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi & shuttles Los cabos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Hastings
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
taxi & shuttles Los cabos

I don't have Paypal-is it safe to use credit card? Can you pay cash when you get there?

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,854 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi & shuttles Los cabos

Cash is king...Everyone likes it. Credit cards can be compromised.

I have a credit card I only use in Cabo. Its easy to spot fraud on the bill and I can cancel it and not care.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi & shuttles Los cabos

It depends on the shuttle company, some of the them require payment in advance. It only takes a few minutes to set up a paypal account- that really is the safest method of payment for something like this.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi & shuttles Los cabos

Used Cabo Ground Services with a credit card...no problems.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
539 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi & shuttles Los cabos

As househunter mentioned Pay Pal is quick and easy to setup and have used them to pay for different things online and is sercure when using it.

We pay cash for taxi's when in Cabo and prepay by credit card for our shuttle from the airport prior to our trip.

oshawa
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi & shuttles Los cabos

heading to cabo march 15, lots of posts re private transport from airport, is this just to avoid the waiting for buses/tour provider and get to hotels faster? cost per person, best company to use, thx

Roseville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi & shuttles Los cabos

I use Cabo Ground Services:

http://www.cabogroundservices.com/

$50/person shuttle or $160 private SUV, both round trip. Quick and very comfortable. Reservation process and pickup went very smooth.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
499 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi & shuttles Los cabos

We used private transport through Airport Cabo this month. We paid them cash on arrival so no need for pay pal or a credit card. The cost of private vs. shuttle was $100.00 (plus tip) return to the Fiesta Americana which is close to Cabo san Lucas or $34.00 for shared shuttle for 2 to the hotel and then $55.00 for taxi back to the airport.

Esteban Cruz

General Manager

Airport Cabo Co.

011 52 (624)1387352

http://www.airportcabo.com

The advantage of private transportation is you are on your way right away and you go direct. On a shared shuttle you never know how long you'll wait for the rest of the passengers. With private transport we were greeted with a cold beer and were on our way with no sales pitches.

And for the price difference it was a no brainer for us.

Edited: 5:46 pm, February 24, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
499 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi & shuttles Los cabos

Should have mentioned that the shared shuttle price quote was through the hotel, not Airport Cabo.

oshawa
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi & shuttles Los cabos

thx for all the posts, I checked the caboground and 160 for 6 of us is a great price! just two more stupid questions, what is reasonable for tip and do we have to notify sunwing that we are not taking the shuttle, I'd hate to have them wait and hold up the other passengers :)

10. Re: taxi & shuttles Los cabos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 26, 2014