We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things we MUST do while in Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Things we MUST do while in Cabo

We arrive February 19 for two weeks. We're staying at the Melia Real because of the beach and swimming. We are looking for places, tours, etc. that we MUST do. We are in our 50's. We will be golfing a couple of times but don't want to miss anything. Love shopping - my husband is good for a short time then off for a beer. We were not planning on renting a car but could be swayed. Does anyone have suggestions. I'm told we'll see whales from our resort.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,583 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things we MUST do while in Cabo

For day trips, I'd probably get a car on Thursday.

Drive to San Jose to do the Art Walk that evening - Thursday 5:00 to 8:00.

http://www.artcabo.com/Home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bU1yIEAo3E

Drive to Todos Santos on Friday.

Then, on Saturday, if you like artisan markets, music, festive atmosphere, go to the Saturday morning Farmers and Craft Market in San Jose.

is also a fun thing to do. You can see a list of vendors here.

http://www.sanjomo.com/aspx/m/Home

Then go to lunch at Flora's Farm Kitchen.

http://www.flora-farms.com/

Then ditch the car! Renting for 3 days ought to allow you to see some great 'not-to-miss' highlights outside of Cabo.

And you probably already know about Ezlinks.com

Edited: 12:06 pm, February 01, 2013
Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things we MUST do while in Cabo

My must do is a sunset cruise! It's a beautiful way to see Land's End!

alberta
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things we MUST do while in Cabo

There are so many that are " must do" to me. If I could only pick two, hire a water taxi to take the tour to Land's end and have him drop you off at Lover's Beach with a predetermined return time. Explore Lover's and then Divorce beach at leisure. There are no facilities, so plan for that and take some cold drinks. Second would be lunch or dinner on the marina and spending time on the marina in general. For good eats, we liked Solomon's Landing and Baja Cantina.

ca.
Level Contributor
396 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things we MUST do while in Cabo

Mine is a water taxi to Lands End. I *do not* get out at Lovers Beach, because it can be tricky...and I have seen people eat it pretty bad....and I have 2 bad shoulders. I catch the *red boat* between Baja Cantina and Billigan's Island on Medano Beach. 'Baja Tours' have boats with ladders....so it is an easy in and out.

$10 p/p...45 min tour.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things we MUST do while in Cabo

Thank you so much for these great suggestions. We are still open to more suggestions if anyone has any. We have looked at the best restaurants in Cabo even though we are at an AI. Is there a bus that goes from Cabo to Todos Santos? Which golf courses are a "must:"? As I said, we'll probably golf twice in the time we're there. Thanks so much for all your help.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things we MUST do while in Cabo

Here is a list of activities that you can do in Cabo San Lucas. Pick out the ones that interest you.

ATV Tours, Booze Cruise, Canopy Zipline Tours, Desert Safari, Dinner Cruises, Dolphin Encounter, Dune Buggy Fishing, Hiking Tours, Hummer Tours, Jet Ski, Kayaking, Mini Sub Dive, Parasailing, Parachute on to Medano beach,

Party the night away at the Clubs in Town, Sailing Charters, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Sunset Cruises,

Surfing, swim with dolphins, Whale Watching tours, Ultralight Plane flying tours.

Northern Cali
Level Contributor
200 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things we MUST do while in Cabo

We are a couple in our early 50s and we did the Migrino Beach ATV and let me tell you, we're still talking about how it was the best excursion we've ever taken!! You will get dirty so pack pants and tshirt and sneakers! Soooo fun right on the beach!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things we MUST do while in Cabo

NeilandFay - Sorry, this a long blurb :-) We always stay at Melia Cabo Real when we go to Los Cabos as we like the location smack dab between Cabo and San Jose (a little closer than Cabo is).

Pantix is right on with their suggestions of things to do, have done all of their suggestions and loved them. Although we didn't rent a car, we either took the bus or taxis to Cabo or San Jose, and when we went to Todos Santos through an excursion booked at the hotel. We had a driver & guide, my husband and I, and two other couples from other hotels and we had a great day. h2omelen is also right on with going on a boat ride out to see Lands End. Although many might not like to do it more than once (although I never seem to get tired of it), it's definately something everyone should do once if going to Cabo. If you find yourself wandering around San Jose and the hubby gets tired of shopping, tell him to grab a beer on the rooftop patio of Shooters (owned by Calgarians) to pass the time if you still have some shopping to do, always works for me :-)

The Cabo Real Golf Course is directly beside and across the street from the hotel. Their is a golf conceirge desk in the lobby of the hotel, just to the right when you walk in the main entrance (9am-1pm) and they can book times for you at 25% off posted public rate. It's a great course to play, challenging, very beautiful scenery and well kept. It's my favourite there, although we haven't played Puerto Los Cabos and we hear it's pretty fabulous. Cab ride one way to clubhouse of Cabo Real is $10US.

Pamilla is my husband's favourite course. They have three 9 holes so you'll either book and play Arroyo/Ocean or Mountain/Ocean. Cab ride is $20US one way. When we were there a little over a week ago, on check-in they offerred to give us a voucher for a replay discounted round of golf if the voucher was used within the next two weeks. If you happened to play Pamilla as one of your first rounds while being there, and you liked it enough after your round, perhaps they would give you this voucher too if you wanted to book again with them. We unfortunately were there the day before we left so the voucher was of no use to us.

Other courses people like are Cabo Del Sol, Los Cabos Country Club, Puerto Los Cabos, Club Campestre San Jose.

If you join ezlinks.com and golfnow.com in advance to going and booking, sometimes you're lucky to be picked up on their email blasts prior to booking which will provide you with the odd email of further discounts off their already discounted posted rates. In the last couple of weeks I've been receiving promo codes for another $20off or 20% off your tee time booking.

As for the whales, you will definately see them from the Melia Cabo Real. Heck, one of the whale watching tours out of San Jose brings the boat over to the front ocean area of the Melia because they are more visible there. Listen for the ringing of the bells at the poolside snack bar or the Palapa Lunch Buffet, the staff will ring them when the whales are swimming by. This year was the best for us seeing them. They are most visible first thing in the morning and up until the noon hour, statistically that's when we've seen them the most. A little over a week ago, I was sitting on my balcony around 11am and watched a whale breach out of the ocean, more than 1/2 it's length, straight up and out of the water, then slamming over onto it's side, over and over again, for easily 10 mins., hands down one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my life. So eyes open while you are there and enjoy!!!

Have a fabulous time! The staff at the Melia Cabo are incredible friendly, nice and kind hearted people :-)

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things we MUST do while in Cabo

Is there a specific company you would recommend? Thanks for your idea.

Ankeny, IA
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things we MUST do while in Cabo

If you are looking for a great sunset cruise, I recommend the "Risalena". The meal they serve is wonderful, drinks are plentiful. It's not a "booze cruise" in that the purpose is not to get completely sloshed. The drinks are great and they will keep them coming along with a super delicious meal (salad, guacamole/chips, ribs, chicken, some other side dish). It's a smaller boat, and you will meet some really nice people. At least we have every time we have done it. Eduardo and his daughter Laura (and the rest of the crew) will make sure you have a great time. I'm not related to their company in any way, but I tell lots of people about it. That's how much we enjoyed it the two times we have sailed with them. www.rissalena.com