We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive or not

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Granbury, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
All Inclusive or not

We will be staying at Pueblo Bonito Resort Los Cabos. My first thought is not to go all inclusive for food and drinks. But are there good and inexpensive restaurants near the resort?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
60,922 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive or not

Yes, there are a variety of restaurants near the Blanco (PB LosCabos.) Read through www.TrappersCaboList.com for a list of recommended places and a map. If you let us know your price point and type of food desired, we can give specific recommendations.

However, there are a few people who can get their "money's worth" by eating & drinking at the PB Blanco and the included restaurants at the PB Rose next door. If you're planning to go to a few theme nights, it can be a good value.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,315 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive or not

Look into the deals offered on www.loscabosguide.com restaurant and activities discounted from 35 to 50%

Phoenix
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive or not

LOTS of restaurants and bars near Blanco and Rose... all walking distance Including The Office, Sharkey's, Gardenias, and even McDonald's. Not sure of the AI daily price per person... We opted to go on own and ate at Blanco for Mexican fiesta and one other nice meal. So many restaurants, so little time. We don't drink enuough to make AI worth the money. Walmart for quick breakfast items, water and patio beer and we are set.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive or not

Don't do AI , you are walking distance to some great restaurants, try La Rinconzon. Great food and service, about a 5 minute walk. Sharkey's for lunch about a 10 minute walk.

Chesapeake City...
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive or not

Not

Chesapeake City...
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive or not

I mean not to all inclusive!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive or not

Cabo has many great places to eat. The only reason I would do an AI back in the day was to not get nickeled and dimed when the kids would want to eat and drink all day.

Now with no kids it's great to visit all of the awesome restaurants in town.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
312 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive or not

please not!!!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
722 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive or not

I like AI's in places where there isn't much to do outside of the resort, or it isn't safe to wander around, i.e. the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, etc. But, Cabo is such a vibrant, fun, and safe town, with so many different kinds of places to eat and drink and be entertained, that I think you would be cheating yourself by limiting yourself to just the places on the resort property. Part of the fun of being in Cabo is discovering new places and seeing how many bars you can actually hit in one night.

Many of the people who frequent this forum like to stay at hotels near town, i.e. on and around Medano Beach because everything is pretty much within staggering distance back to your room. (Which is not to say are all a bunch of drunks, although a few may qualify. It's just that we like to be able to go wherever the mood strikes us.)

Ski Country...
Level Contributor
63 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All Inclusive or not

I have stayed there both on AI and not. I did AI for the first time last year, thanks to reccos from friendly TA folks.

The breakfast buffet at PR was very nice every day, and a good way to start off. I liked to just order off the menu for lunch and happy hour while lounging poolside. Also worked for us for room service, which was lovely to eat on the deck while my son slept. I have an 8yo, so as pp said, it was great to just get him fed quickly and easily. I only got tired of the repetitive menu on the last few days. Also nothing like having a bucket of icy beers just show up for you. :)

That said, I've eaten all over the place on other stays. I could eat Tabasco's ceviche daily - soo good! Many close beach bars have 2-4-1 specials on beers all day long. The Sunday breakfast buffet at the Melia next door is fabulous.

My recco would be that if you don't plan on moving away from the PB hotels, then AI would be a great way to go. If you like to explore and have more variety, then non-AI would work for you.