We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

Hi everyone! So I'm planning my wedding in Cabo sometime later this year so you will probably see a couple posts from me.

We are planning to get married at some place along medano beach and I'm looking for a place close to the hotel for the welcome dinner. I would like a nicer place but most importantly it must have great food and great seafood. My future mother in law LOVES shellfish but simply prepared aka steamed so I need a place that offers lobster, crab, shrimp, etc prepared without a lot of breading or butter. Any suggestions appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

I love Maro's but it is way too casual for a rehearsal dinner. Hacienda cocina is a perfect option for your group. You will be very pleased with the food and the view.

CA
Level Contributor
362 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

Chiming in for the Hacienda Cocina. I LOVE the place- my favorite restaurant in both Cabo and San Jose Del Cabo!

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

Maro's is great for simple and cheap seafood and a quick drunk on their famous Bulldog drink, but very much a dive bar motif and in the lower third of Cabo restaurants for both food and atmosphere. Hacienda Cocina will do a great job for you, and your guests will be impressed with everything about it.

Dallas
Level Contributor
300 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

I liked Hacienda too and beautiful not sure about their seafood. Check out La Golindrina not on beach but beautiful restaurant and good lobster

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

Although not on the beach, Puerta Vieja also would be a good choice. It probably could accommodate you on their outdoor patio. Beautiful sunsets and good view of the Arch. Very varied menu, seafood to lamb chops...and if you could score some Los Cabos Guide Vouchers, you'd even save $$. I don't know if there is a limit on high your bill could be and still use vouchers, but it may be possible for you to save 35%. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.puertavieja.com/

Chesapeake City...
Level Contributor
350 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

Hacienda cocina!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

Thank you everyone!!

18. Re: Restaurant suggestion for welcome dinner - Seafood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 30, 2014