We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,293 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

Such wonderful news...have to share it!

Went on one of my walks today...now have an account at the Wyndham cambio (whatever that means, probably 5 minutes less time for processing security issues when exchaging!!)...and then just went roaming around.

Was getting just a little bit hungry and getting tired of walking...and wandered over towards Javier's! I looked up the street and saw people standing in the street, on the sidewalk...and at first was thinking he was not open yet. Got closer...and WOW...there were 20 seated inside...and the chairs outside were full...and 4 people were waiting for take out orders!!

Somebody yelled out that there was a chair for one...so being the only solo diner, I entered. It may be cool outside...but it was warm in there...and warm with friendships all centered on Javier!!

Bless his heart he was working so hard in the kitchen...but he knew that people had come from far and wide to hear him sing...so he did 3 or 4 Beattle songs...and then ran back in the kitchen to keep the food coming on out.

People were from San Jose at the one table, and everytime they dirve down to Cabo this is where they eat. Cruise shippeople who had seen the post I wrote on Saturday nite's welcome meal at Gordo's came on in..and we all helped them with our favorites...the women loved the chorizio tacos...fortunately...as I suggested them!!

By the time I was served, eaten and left...he had seved over 65 people in like 40 minutes...He hugged me goodbye and told me to come back every day...and bring more people!! Bless his heart!

And YES the tile is done on the floor...forgot who it was that asked in another post...looks so nice! And people were commenting about how cute the place is with the sharp orange cloths and chair covers...and how thoughtful to have hand sanitizer right on the table!

Javier rocks!!!

CA
Level Contributor
362 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

YUM! Getting so excited for our visit- we missed him last time.

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,759 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

Great! Sounds like fun Judy..

Seems like you are Javier's lucky charm! That is a really good for him!!

ca.
Level Contributor
396 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

Such a sweet man....glad he's getting lots of business.

Wibaux, Montana
Level Contributor
445 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

Can't wait till its our bunch over filling his establishment!!

hofmommy0f3

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
845 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

Good news and much deserved.

Michigan
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

Huh...that's interesting. We were the ONLY people there during our visit a couple weeks ago. Loved Javier, such a nice fella...he sang for us, even though there wasn't anyone else there. The tacos were ok....not our favorite, but loved visiting the local establishment that I'd read so much about here.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
863 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

Nothing beats the chorizo, one of the best things to ever enter my body.

8. Re: Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, January 17, 2013
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,293 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

nicksmom...maybe it is because you ordered the beef and the fish tacos?? Honestly all I have ever had are the chorizo...don't always get the opportunity to get that kind...so that is all I have ever ordered. When you get perfection on the first try...why change?? Stick with it...and love them.

I know he won't be busy all the time...but it was so exciting to see so many people...and everyone was having so much fun...and they didn't mind waiting...3 guys stayed to wait for a table...and the gals ran down the street to look for bracelets!!

Only in Mexico...no complaining!!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
509 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gordo LeLe's bursting at the seams...out to the street!!

Cant wait until May to get in there and see the remodeled place.