We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Sky Tours

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
116 posts
157 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo Sky Tours

I am so excited to give this a try on our next visit to Cabo. Can someone who has done this please give me a few more details? We are staying at the Casa Dorada. I can't really tell from the map where Sky Tours is located. Is it a taxi ride? How far? My husband will come along although he is unsure if he will take the tour. What are the arrangements for the people waiting on the ground? Is there a building, something to do, beverages?

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo Sky Tours

They land and take off from the arroyo between Club Cascadas and the Villa properties. You can walk there easily - perhaps 0.6 miles. There is just an old container out in the arroyo. Nothing to do exactly right there. A person waiting could just hang out at Tabasco's on the beach or at Club Cascadas restaurant.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,318 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo Sky Tours

People on the ground waiting for a flight can purchase four leaf clovers , Rabitt's feet, Shots of tequilla, and parachutes some only slightly used. Have fun its a great ride !!!

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo Sky Tours

They do have some folding chairs for spectators. Not sure it is worth going to the beach bars, the trips are usually less then 15 minutes.

We are across the arroyo and watch him take off all the time. (and sometimes we see him land as well) So about 3 weeks ago, down the "runway" he goes and just stoppes dead. Not sure why, but 5 minutes later they had to bring out an SUV and worked on the lawnmower engine for about 10 minutes, then off he went. Bet that was a fun ride.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo Sky Tours

Thanks Carl. I thought the rides were longer than that.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo Sky Tours

Eljefe. Most are 10 to 15 minutes. You can go up to an hour, but its like $350

BC
Level Contributor
397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabo Sky Tours

Digger- Take the 20 to 25 middle extreme flight. If cost is a deterrent you can save 35% by using discount coupons purchased from Los Cabos Magazine. The shorter flight will just whet your appetite for more. You have chosen well and should have a great time.

Wibaux, Montana
Level Contributor
444 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabo Sky Tours

Ernesto will provide a table, chairs, magazines for you while you wait. I can't remember if we took our own water or if he provided it. If you go to his website you will see the tour choices (3 in length and 4 with the types). I and kids really liked the extreme, but he will do what suits you. You will love the flight views of city, ocean, and whales are great! I have went 3 different years and look forward to it at the end of this month. Use vochers or he will make a deal if you contact him. Enjoy!!

hofmommyof3

Wibaux, Montana
Level Contributor
444 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabo Sky Tours

Too Funny Rocky!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
116 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabo Sky Tours

thanks for all the great responses. my husband thinks waiting at Tabasco's sounds like a great idea. I am only a little nervous which adds to the excitement! I will definitely take the extreme tour. Couldn't find any discounts or vouchers online but will contact the owner direct. Can't wait!

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,095 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabo Sky Tours

You can check out what your landing will be like in this video.

Ultralight plane flying and landing in Cabo San Lucas Mexico

http://youtu.be/K63wZ4xLSMU

Enjoy your flight.