We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Highlights 12/22-29

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
La Cruz de...
Level Contributor
117 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Highlights 12/22-29

Here are some memorable places from my trip last week:

New restaurant: Pan di Bacco, between Pink Kitty and marina. Billed as an Italian bakery, I have to say that their pizza crust rates with the best in the world! I'm pretty sure they use Italian flour. Salads and apps looked good also. Prices are reasonable, but not cheap. I highly recommend it.

Los Claros(by Wyndham)- I've had their tacos before and they were good. This time tried seafood soup for dinner- it was outstanding. Lots of seafood in a very flavorful broth.

Tiki Bar- great grilled fish tacos, but the best deal is the sashimi palmitta- tuna wrapped around spicy crab and avocado- very generous portion

Captain Tony's- great machaca and egg burros for breakfast!

Baja Peppers- Americano breakfast is a great deal- $3-4 and very good. Great service all day, and very good margaritas.

Mango Deck- Sunday brunch- lots of good quality food ranging from fruit to squash blossom quesadillas and other tasty local specialties

Salvatores- good food, but ridiculously huge portions. I'd recommend only if you like leftovers or want to share. I don't like wasting that much food.

Weather was perfect most days- high around 80, low around 65. One day was cooler and cloudy and then the same on Sat when I left. Water was plenty warm to swim without wetsuit the first few days, but then was noticeable cooler after the cloudy day.

A great trip as usual!

1. Re: Trip Highlights 12/22-29

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, January 06, 2014