We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabo Real Golf is a shadow of its former self.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Cabo Real Golf is a shadow of its former self.

Money has over ruled great golf..... My how things have changed. They have flipped the front and the back. The new front includes the redesigned holes near the beach. What used to be a couple great beach front holes are now hotel rooms. What a shame. This course has lost all of the beach sexiness. The 2 holes east of the highway are now an after thought. I hope it was worth it. They need to quit using the photos of the old holes in their advertising. The back nine holes ( the old front) are still very picturesque.

The hands down worst part of this place are the new and improved time share people!!!! They bother you when you arrive. They Harass you when you are eating lunch. Then they are all over you when you finish your round. This will be our last visit to this course. Avoid it unless you have no other options. Unless of course you want to buy a condo........

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
535 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabo Real Golf is a shadow of its former self.

Ventanas paid $18M for that piece of property. Agreed - it's not the same course it used to be.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,758 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabo Real Golf is a shadow of its former self.

Thanks for the Update. Unfortunately timeshare people seem to be a way of life in Los Cabos. But that is a shame about the re routing of the course on those beach holes. Well I really like the Puerto Los Cabos course better. I might just stick with that one.

Did you play there with your wife? They usually need a couple for that timeshare tour.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabo Real Golf is a shadow of its former self.

Yes, my wife was with me.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
535 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabo Real Golf is a shadow of its former self.

The timeshare people working Cabo Real actually work all three Questro courses. They have seen me so many times they know me on a first name basis, but also know it's a total waste of time to make their pitch. I still love the front 9 at Cabo Real - hoping I will get to the point where I can tolerate the new holes.

Olds, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabo Real Golf is a shadow of its former self.

The course is very senic but I have to agree with the comments that the course has lost something with the redesign if the ocean holes. That being said, every other hole is amazing and the ocean is never out of sight. If you want to experience 3 different course they are offering to play all 3 Questro courses for just over $300.

6. Re: Cabo Real Golf is a shadow of its former self.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 16, 2013