We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfing Dec 7-11th?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Houston
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Golfing Dec 7-11th?

friend and i are staying @ riu sante fe . wondering if anyone else is going out to the courses and wanted to split car fees.

chris

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,460 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golfing Dec 7-11th?

Do you have tee times? Where are you planning on playing?

Houston
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golfing Dec 7-11th?

right now we are planning on cabo real, campestre and san jose...if we play all 3 its only $330. planning on making times this week...thinking 10ish each day. i have played del sol and palmilla but dont think either is worth double the money of the others.

would love to play el dorado or diamante but already have hotel booked... diamante has a stay/play for $450pp

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,460 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golfing Dec 7-11th?

That golf passport from the groupo Questro courses you are playing is an excellent deal. You can play one course 3 times if you really like it or 3 diferent ones like you are doing.

I consider the Puerto los cabos course that you refer to as the San Jose course is actually the best of the three. It even has free breakfast, lunch, and drinks as you move thru the golf course. Its a real joy to play.

Diamante is quite an experience and a true links course. But you will just love those three Questro courses. They even have a 9 hole replay for $50 or 18 holes for $75.

The taxi to Campestre in San Jose has got to be about $35 each way, Cabo Real will set you back about $25 ea way and the Puerto los Cabos course is about $45/50 ea way.

Renting a car for 3 days might be an answere if you cant someone to share the ride with you. Or if you dont have the golf clubs you can take the bus for around $2:50 ea each way.

I know you cant take luggage or groceries on the bus, I dont think golf clubs can travel the bus either. If you are renting clubs its not an issue.

Perhaps Eljefe will read this and give some bus advice.

Edited: 10:20 pm, November 19, 2012
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,460 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golfing Dec 7-11th?

I think with that Golf passport the tee times start at 11am. You can get there early and get out if no one has booked the earlier times.

Houston
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golfing Dec 7-11th?

thanks for the feedback. the lady i contacted @ questro sd we can play any time. i have played real and campestre a few times so the puerto course will be a nice change. i had thought about renting a car, but last thing i need is a dui in mx ... i plan to have quite a few cold ones on the course.

is it better to pay the cabbies in pesos or dollars?

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
15,460 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golfing Dec 7-11th?

Always pay in Pesos. The tip is included in the price you are quoted. Always ask the driver how much BEFORE you get in.

7. Re: Golfing Dec 7-11th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, December 16, 2013