We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight to cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
flight to cabo

We are scheduled to be in Cabo on feb 17 2013. We live in Denver Colorado. the air fares are out of sight right now, the only decent one is a non stop on frontier. yes there are 1 and 2 stop flights but they run 8 to 21 hrs. does anyone think the cost will come down as we get closer to the date, We use kayak,sky scanner etc.

Any one have past experience traveling that time of the year to Cabo.

thanks for the help.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight to cabo

I think America has figured now that Obama has four more years to run the country further into debt that they will move south. All planes to Cabo will be booked full as the exodus starts. Book your flight now, odds are the prices will not be any cheaper.

Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
255 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight to cabo

HA! Bwask...love it!

Seriously though for us flying out of CT, with 1 or no stops and minimal layover time...prices have ranged from $495-$900 with the occasional $1200 or $1300 sucker seat. Every year I set up a price alarm on one of the sites. (I have best luck with kayak) It gives me an email when the price drops. I feel there IS a "sweet spot" in the timing. Too far out and they figure you are a plan aheader and dont mind paying a premium. Too close and they are start filling up and prices rise again. So we now book our hotel or villa and start watching. Some travel sites have calender matrix thingy too. Often leaving home a day early or stayingin cabo a day later can make the ticket price drop enough to easily offset the cost of an extra hotel night.

This year we booked our villa in June (For Nov 16th) and the flight I wanted was $780. They bounced around a bit and then In August they hit $590 so I booked 10 tickets. 3 weeks ago they were back up to $900.We saved almost $2000 by being patient.

Good luck!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,833 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight to cabo

I use Yapta.com and they watch prior to booking as well as after purchase...just got a refund on AS.......but with full flights, I'm sure it will be the only one this trip.

CA
Level Contributor
362 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight to cabo

Totally agree with all Tom L said- we go that week every year(or around there) and it usually will go down again about now. We live in Cali and still paid about 390 for our seats but we left mid week this time- wed to wed. Otherwise our flight or a couple of hours would have been 500!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
229 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight to cabo

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH, BWASK!!!! That's awesome and I'd say about 60% true!!

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight to cabo

Denver to Cabo nonstop for Feb. 23 is only $393...maybe you can slide your vacation down a week??: 3 hours each way...a very good deal...or hope that your week will also go down...check the seating pattern...that will give you a clue...

Michigan
Level Contributor
78 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flight to cabo

We will be going to Cabo for Spring Break the first week of April. Did something different this time. Booked two separate one-way tickets. Going from Detroit on US Air, and retruning on United. After lots of looking, found this to be the best times for the best fare. RT for two was $1245 last August when I booked.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
885 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flight to cabo

Just booked for February out of Akron/Canton [Ohio] - my first trip to Cabo as the airfare in the past [Akron or Cleveland] was running close to $900 - we got it for around $600 with one stop in Charlotte.

Good Luck!

Michelle

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flight to cabo

I booked in Oct for a Jan 13th flight off kayak and paid 325.00 it went down Nov. 1st to 297.00 Alaska gave us the credit back. Now the flight is 411.00 RT... Wait until after the holidays I bet the fare will drop or fly with an airline that will credit you if the price goes down

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flight to cabo

I booked in Oct for a Jan 13th flight off kayak and paid 325.00 it went down Nov. 1st to 297.00 Alaska gave us the credit back. Now the flight is 411.00 RT... Wait until after the holidays I bet the fare will drop or fly with an airline that will credit you if the price goes down