We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in January

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
72 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in January

We're thinking of going to Cabo in mid-January. Can someone tell me what the weather usually is that time of year? Is it too cool to go in the pool/beach?

Jeffersonville...
Level Contributor
379 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in January

Days are warm. As long as your resort has a heated pool, you should have no problem getting in. I'm not sure about ocean temps at that time of year. In the evenings, you will need to carry a light jacket. I've worn shorts in the evening but it can get a little cool.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
553 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in January

We have been going in January for the past 15 years and it is great.. Warm sunny days, fluffy white clouds, NO HUMIDITY. The whales start arriving in Dec/January which is a a wonderful sight no matter how many times you see it. Nights for me are a lite weight jacket and capris.. For my husband no jacket and shorts..

Don't understimate the suns rays as are they are very deceiving, bring your sunscreen as it is much more expensive there..

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in January

January is beautiful !!! Warm days and cool evenings. No need for A/C to sleep. You will need long pants and long sleeves on some nights. It does cool off. You may even get a little sprinkle so take a light jacket. My wife prefers a hoodie in the evening. I swim in the ocean every day in January too but I like the cool water. Some may disagree on that one.........

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
14,854 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in January

Jan/Feb are busy months in Cabo. Everything is open and they are also very dry months in Cabo. Almost no rain. Great time for a vacation. The days are usually in the 70s/80s. The nights and early mornings are cooler usually in the 60s.

Best time of the year to Golf in Cabo on these world class golf courses.

My wife and I are always in the pools, and I enjoy the ocean water as well.

5. Re: Weather in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 02, 2013