We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Terminal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
New Terminal

Pre-trip report. Departed yesterday from the new terminal. It was awesome compared to the old #2. No more suitcase checks proir to check-in. That alone will saves a bunch of time. Upstairs security was also a breeze and after clearing that you walk through duty free then to your gates. Kind of like Peurto Vallarta. Air felt so cool I didn't want to leave and to top it all we got to walk down a jet ramp right onto the plane, Amazing, thanks GAP, money well spent. See Ya

Washington
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: New Terminal

Loved the new terminal. It was so much easier and no digging through the bags!!!! at least in front of us. They put a zip lock on our suitcase so no one could reopen it when we did our check in. As usual I was over 50 pounds by 7 ounces!!! Found out it is only 20.00 more from somone who went way over. Glad to hear that since I seem to be getting heavier everytime!!! (Not just the luggage, dang it!!! anyway) Well it will be nice when the terminal has magazines and more food options.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: New Terminal

Sitting in the new terminal right now! It is wonderful. Everything seems to be open wxcept for the vip lounge whatever that is. Subway, Carl's Jr, Sbarro and a frozen yogurt place. Love it!

chicago
Level Contributor
868 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: New Terminal

Fofosgirl-

It was a long day for sure! Would have loved to meet you.

Did you go online and claim your compensation gift from United?

Can't wait to plan the next trip to Cabo!

Edited: 7:08 am, November 14, 2012
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: New Terminal

Hi Calgary....Have you flown with WS into the new terminal? Any comments there?

Also, I have a friend who is connecting from WS to Aero Calafia with a 2.5 hour window. In your opinion (or any one else?) will this be enough time to make a comfortable connection? Aero Calafia flies out of Terminal 1.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: New Terminal

Hi Calgary....Have you flown with WS into the new terminal? Any comments there?

Also, I have a friend who is connecting from WS to Aero Calafia with a 2.5 hour window. In your opinion (or any one else?) will this be enough time to make a comfortable connection? Aero Calafia flies out of Terminal 1.

ca.
Level Contributor
396 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: New Terminal

2.5 hrs......they will be fine.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
571 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: New Terminal

Alaska Airlines computer system at the new terminal was down on Sunday afternoon (11/18). The lines were extremely long (flights to LA, San Fran, Portland and Seattle ), the agents had to talk to someone by phone to validate the passort number and hand write boarding passes. We showed up 2 hours before the flight, we stood in the first class/MVP line for 2.5 hours! We only had carry on and assumed we could find a kiosk to print a boarding pass but we didn't see any for Alaska Airlines. Not that it would have mattered since their system was down.

38. Re: New Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:57 am, November 28, 2012
New York
Level Contributor
837 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: New Terminal

Does the new terminal use jetways? One of my fave part of trips was to get off plane and onto tarmac. Is that not the way it is now?

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,054 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: New Terminal

I'm not sure if all of them use the jetways, but our Alaska flight in November did.