We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Arnold, California
Level Contributor
22 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

Has anyone been to Maria Jimenez Restaurante Mexicano? (Narciso Mendoza near Revolucion de 1910). I wrote a review here, but judging from the forum posts I've seen, I'm not sure many people are reading beyond the first page of reviews. We really enjoyed that restaurant. They're new and I'd like to help them out. Please, give them a try. I can't see how you could be disappointed.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
205 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

Can you give me a more detailed description of where this is located? I'm having a hard time finding it on my map...

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

It's more or less across the street from Mariscos Las Tres Islas if you know where that is located. If not, just go up Leona Vicario until the cross street just past the Comfort Inn (Revolucion 1910) and turn right one block. Or if you know Mariscos Mazatlan just go up that street (Narisco Mendoza) one more block and it will be on the left.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
205 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

Got it, nevermind... up (north-ish) from Puerto Paraiso a few blocks.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

Yep! Just a couple of blocks. Looks like it might be a nice little place.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
205 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

Gracias El Jefe!

Arnold, California
Level Contributor
22 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

If you click here: Maria Jimenez Restaurante Mexicano , you will be taken to the review page. One of the 10 pictures in the review is a small map. If you're able to make it there, let us all know what you think.

Richland, Washington
Level Contributor
45 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

We'll definately venture that way next week and give them a try, and return and report.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

Just had a beautiful lunch there! Once I learned that it is Edith Jimenez' (owner of Edith's and The Office, and the new brewery going in downtown) sister's place I had to check it out and was very pleasantly surprised. Two of us shared an order of 3 big sopes with very tender masa, and the "cazuela" a sampler plate to share with adobo chicken, chorizo and arrachera served with salsas and homemade tortillas. I saw supersized sopes and quesadillas coming off the griddle, the likes of which I've never seen anywhere else. With a flan and an apple strudel with Haagen Dazs, plus 4 big limonadas the bill was only 500 pesos. They have pozole on Sundays too. Closed on Monday, open from 1 to 10 pm and no alcohol!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

I hope Maria doesn't follow her sister's example for pricing in the future!

Arnold, California
Level Contributor
22 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A New Restaurant We Enjoyed.

@ GMFiesta: So glad you enjoyed it like we did! You know, you could almost copy and paste your post into a review -if you haven't already.