We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset De Mona Lisa/Point

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset De Mona Lisa/Point

My husband and I are going to Cabo in November for our 4th wedding anniv and I have a few questions about planning our special dinner. I have been to SDML and even started to plan our wedding there before we decided to stay local. I have never been to SP, I don't think it was there when I went many years ago. We were planning on arriving just before sunset for the romance and having a drink and maybe dessert or app. But now that I see that they have SP with a lower $ menu, I don't know what to do. We want to have a special evening but not spend our entire trip budget on one meal lol. What time should we make reservations for to be there in time for the sunset (Nov.18th or 18th)? Also does anyone know what the cost of a round-trip taxi pp would be from Villa Del Palmar? Thank you so much for all of your help!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Beaumont, California
Level Contributor
70 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset De Mona Lisa/Point

I have never been to either of those restaurants, but if you decide to go you can purchase vouchers from Los Cabos Guide that could save you at least 35%.

Mentioned in this post
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Glastonbury...
Level Contributor
295 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset De Mona Lisa/Point

I recall the wine prices at SP being high but beer / drinks reasonable. Pizza pretty good too. I like the "setting" at SDML better. Even though it 30' away, it feels less like a bar and more like a romantic dinner.

We go to Esparanza every year for one "big" dinner. More expensive and further from arch but by far, the most romantic, best dining experience possible in Cabo.

The serivce puts 5 star NY city places to shame. Just found last year receipt (planning for 2 weeks! ;) ) We spend $220 which included mandatory tip of 15%. We gave a little more due to service. That was for 1 HUGE salad, 2 top shelf appitizers, 2 entrees (1 was filet), 2 margs, 2 glasses of wine and 1 dessert. Then you can wander to the tequila bar and have a drink in these aweome chairs while a mexican band plays mellow music (not mariachi!). I know $220 is not a cheap dinner by Mexico prices, but it is TOTALLY worth it. Will be evening you never forget.

Cab should be 10-15 each way to SDML and 15-20 to Esparanza. Ask them BEFORE you close door!! learned that the hard way....

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset De Mona Lisa/Point

@gamelurver

Where do you buy the vouchers?

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset De Mona Lisa/Point

Here you go, shawnarerm:

http://loscabosguide.com/discount.htm

Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,163 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset De Mona Lisa/Point

By all means get the vouchers. We devoured $200 worth of food and wine at Sunset Pointe for $130. Great deal!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset De Mona Lisa/Point

Their website says Complimentary Tapas from 5pm to 7pm so you could always go for some drinks and some tapas to see the sunset and then head into Cabo for dinner afterwards.

sunsetmonalisa.com/cms/sunset-point/home/

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
7. Re: Sunset De Mona Lisa/Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 04, 2013