We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bug Spray - Really?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
30 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bug Spray - Really?

For those of you that are in Cabo now for the tourney, are the bugs really that bad? I have never had an issue with bugs and really don't want to pack bug spray - afterall, that would mean I'd have room for 1 less pair of shoes!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bug Spray - Really?

It just wouldn't be right to see those lovely ankles all swollen up with skeeter bites!

cabo san lucas
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bug Spray - Really?

after all the rain we had, there is a much larger than normal mozzie attack on...

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
205 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bug Spray - Really?

How long do you think the skeeters will stick around? Arriving in 2 weeks and HATE bug spray. That's part of why we go to Cabo...no mosquitoes usually!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bug Spray - Really?

mmmmmmmm..............DEET

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bug Spray - Really?

Just returned from Cabo last Thursday and yes you need bug spray:-( As mentioned above, all of the rain in the past month has really brought those pesky skeeters and no seeums out. I brought two spray bottles for the five of us and I used it especially in the mornings and again in the evening if I was dining on the beach. I left one bottle in Cabo for the maid because I know that is a pricey item to buy in Cabo.

bzzzzzz......Enjoy :-)

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
67,208 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bug Spray - Really?

Did you need DEET or did your group manage with 'regular' spray? I really want to avoid DEET if possible, but sometimes I have to use it. How bad are those pesky mozzies?

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bug Spray - Really?

I didn't use anything on Sunday evening and got over 10 bites! Not fun! Since then I've been using Deep Woods Off and haven't had any more bites.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bug Spray - Really?

I would definitely recommend bringing bug spray. Or just purchase it at one of the many pharmacies when you arrive. There are more mosquitos than usual due to the hurricane rolling through last week. I usually do not get bit and I had to use spray after the first day because I had a few bites around my ankles. I hope that helps.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bug Spray - Really?

Yes you need bug spray, the real stuff that has a high % of DEET, Cabo has never been greener and with if comes lots a insects. Deep Woods Off does the trick.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bug Spray - Really?

How are the skeeters in January? I'm in cabo for 2 weeks.