We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

Heading back to Cabo to do some fishing in December 2012 - 2 days. Where would a person stay that is close to the Marina?

How is fishing in Cabo that time of year?

I've used JC Sport Fishing in the past - fished on The Bob Marlin - enjoyed the trips - never stayed in Cabo always stayed out of town.

Appreciate any ideas on hotels.

Wind Jammer - 2

Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

Wyndham is directly on the marina. Great prices and the rooms are reasonable and clean. Just don't expect coffee before 7am. No coffee pot in the room. We just got back yesterday. Best price is using Wyndham site directly to book.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

It'd also appreciate the info. I'm in cabo this week and am looking for a reputable decent priced charter.

13. Re: Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, December 06, 2012
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

Is that called self promotion ChefJeffs ????? Haha.....

I was recently PM'ed about Luis' prices going up on the Blue Marlin. I just spoke with him and that's not true. He's still only $300/day on his 28' and $400/day on his 31'. The reason he may have translated wrong is because you need to pay for your own bait which is $30/boat , like all charters unless you pay for AI (all inclusive) , it's on you , as is your license ($13/day/pp). That translated to avoid any confusion is.........

28' Boat with 4 people _____ $382 All in (take your own lunch)

31' Boat with 4 people _____ $482 All in (take your own lunch)

Hope this helps the few that are a little confused. Happy fishing !!!!!

Hudson, NH
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

do you have tel# for the blue marlin. thanks bob

Truckee, California
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

I am also looking for a good fishing hook up for DEC would really love some feedback

17. Re: Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:53 am, July 08, 2013
9 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

I just got back from Cabo Saturday. I stayed at Mar de cortez for three days then off to a time share for 7 days. I always use the Edith 5 boat. They will put you on the fish. Very reasonable I have used them for 15 years. Beware the police will give you a ticket for not wearing your seat belt.... Even though no one wears a seat belt... Nor do they wear a motorcycle helment.... Call Hector with te Edith fleet 624-141-6565.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

I just got back from Cabo December 8th. I booked thru Redrum, but they were full so they placed me on the Miranda. (This boat books through Redrum frequently when Redrum is full). My wife and I booked for a half day on the Miranda and brought in 3 dorados and a 160lb marlin. The crew was great and John at Redrum was really helpful. They are a little more expensive than others, but very trustworthy.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Fishing in Cabo / December 2012

Callmejoe, accually RedRum is not more expensive than most! They are very competative and pretty consistant with putting you on to another boat if they are booked! It is true that I am partial when it comes to RedRum as they are very good friends and like family! But if they were not fair and as respected as they are I would not charter them or refer them to others. I do fish with other charters such as El Budster, Pisces, Renigade Mike and others! I have been fishing in Cabo for many years and locals know me! I would not suggest fishing fo a half of a day if chartering a boat to go out marlin fishing or any other fishing as far as that goes! A 28/31 foot boat with lunch should be around $550 to $600 for a full day! That's pretty good. Remember..it's called fishing.. not chatching! Good luck! :)