We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

Only 10 more sleeps to go and I am busy doing all my homework. To any recent travelers, we are wondering which hotels offered the biggest CASH payouts for agreeing to do the timeshare presentations? Also, what was the amount you received? Any specific advice or tips are also appreciated. Thx!

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
7,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

All resorts will offer cash - you have to know how to bargain. Also, your "home" resort will offer you next to nothing to go on their tour. Unless, of course, when you check in, you already have an "invitation" from a competing resort that you picked up at the airport. Then most home resorts will try to match the invitation. However, some won't bother trying to match Mayan invitations. The Mayan sales sharks typically have a much larger budget than the other resorts.

Washington
Level Contributor
5 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

Hook up at the airport for free taxi ( not shuttle) transfers. Pueblo Bonito is the best. Bargain for 300.00 food, round trip taxi and a Mexican pkg which is a blanket and tequila. YOu can probably get a tour boat excursion too.

Any invitation you get can be traded to another guy for much more.

Do NOT go to Diamonti or The Country Club or Grand Mayan. The out of town outfits rip you off. At the Cabo San Lucas Golf Resort/Country Club after we didn't buy and were there for 2 hours they found a reason to disqualify us. They said we'd been to a presentation 5 years ago so didn't give us any of what we were supposed to recieve. They gave our deposit back and tried to rip off the cab driver by telling us they paid him to take us back to our hotel when they had not paid him at all. Creepy Creepy crooks at this place. The salesperson KEVIN and the manager MARTIN!!!

calgary
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

LAST NOV. I DID THE mYAN IN 80 MIN. VERY NICE people. just don't argue with them or talk. They told me they pay $700 but i only got $3000 pesos ( i needed pesos ). we were staying close at royal solaris and i need the $$$ and 2 bottles of kahlua for Christmas. thanks Myan killers see you next year but i want at least another $1000.

Edited: 10:28 pm, January 07, 2013
Windsor, California
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

bonvintage, we had similar experience with that inland Golf resort. We were told we were going to Grand Solmar, then in the Cab, he made up a BS story. They were thugs. The liars name is The Pirate and he works on the Marina. We finally got our deposit back and the cash they'd promised. When we entered a couple was arguing with sales people, demanding something, calling them liars and warning everyone within earshot while the thugs were pushing them out the door. We got out of there very quickly and I'd never hook up with timeshare people on the Marina, and certainly not The Pirate.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

Our experience. We agreed to a 90 min presentation (in writing) but when we arrived we were told the presentation could not be completed in less than 4 hours. We said we would only stay the agreed amount amount of time. 90 minutes later they ushered us out and said we did not complete the presentation so did not get the agreed gifts. Avoid The Mayan and the Grand Luxxe, and any other event held at the Grand Mayan, no matter what name they give it.

calgary
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

they usually say approximatly 90 min. you must have told them times up and left. that a no no. they will make a judgement call on you pending on you.. don.t forget they dont want to give you money --- they want yours

Edited: 3:06 pm, January 08, 2013
Windsor, California
Level Contributor
407 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

Here's what the shark told us when we reminded of the 90 minutes, "Oh, the presentation doesn't begin until after your breakfast and tour". I think some of these resorts, in trouble with economies, are playing more hardball. Less cash, harder sells, and, outright deception, such as my experience where I signed up for Grand Solmar tour and in taxi got song and dance when we were headed the wrong way. I had pictures of mafia kidnappings flashing through my head. We'd always made presentation arrangements at airport and it always turned out legit. This was our first time using some guy off the Marina. I'm thinking that the airport guys have more scrutiny. It must be a coveted spot that they fight over. If I ever go on presentation again, I'd write down and examine the license they are supposed to show you, usually hanging around their neck at airport.

18. Re: Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:57 pm, January 28, 2013
Cabo San Lucas...
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

I heard my husband talk about ugly Americans and now I understand. You those salespeolple they all have families to feed special. Mexican salespeople don't be douche , and waste those people time if you don't have interest. My husband yes is one of those salespeople thank you.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,996 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Timeshare Presentation CASH Payouts?

Alicia, then tell your husband to tell his company to fire all the OPC's working the streets trying to get people to come listen to his pitches. The timeshare companies are who set up the stupid program with incentives to visit the resorts, even though most aren't interested. If because of those incentives, your husband talks to a lot of people that don't want to buy, he only has his company and others to thank.

You're welcome,