We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Worcester MA
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

3 girls ages 21, 18, 18 want to stay in a cabo resort for a week-without parents. We don't knowthe area at all. is it safe? is the nightlife concentrated? Alot of young people? I am wary of this. Advice

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

Cabo is very safe! They go to great lengths to make it safe. Tourism is their #1 livilyhood. I would suggest staying at a resort on Medano beach. The Melia los Cabos would be perfect for you guys...younger MTV/College crowd. Good music and parties. Right out front is medano beach and its fun bars sandbar, mango deck, Billygan's island. Great place to meet and talk to people during the day. At night, downtown is an easy, safe 10 minute walk. All the bars and clubs are within 4 blocks of each other. You will find the younger crowd at squid roe and giggling Marlin. Lots of people your age especially during spring break and summer. It is an awesome place to have fun in the sun and party your buttt off. No worries

Cabo_nut

Mentioned in this post
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,691 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Giggling Marlin
Giggling Marlin
271 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Billygan's Island
Billygan's Island
346 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,299 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

Yes, it's safe. But as with anywhere you might travel, don't throw your common sense out the window. Your intuition will serve you well... if something doesn't feel right, then trust your instincts and head in the other direction!

Worcester MA
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

Thank you both, Cabo nut-you sound like a party person-and that is what I am a bit concerned about with 3 girls alone. Are the beaches patrolled at night? What's the drinking age and do the clubs stay open all night? Remember these girls are without parental parental supervision. I don't eeant ot deprive them of a good time,b ut I want to be careful.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Greenacres, WA.
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

We have a place at Playa Grande but a young lady friend of ours came down and booked a hotel that was 'very very' cheap up in the local part of town. By day 2 she was commenting how friendly and safe she felt walking to town (about 5+ blocks) from this hotel and the people she met even late at night. Though she new she could just catch a quick cab to town she later showed us some great local resteraunts and other hang outs that the locals frequented and I must say I had some of the best meals of all my visits and for the cheapest prices I could ever imagine in Cabo.

But, like was stated, don't throw caution to the wind and yes the nightclub and generally the whole downtown area bussels with activity for the young very late into the night!

RODD

"Face down in Cabo" The RedRocker

Mentioned in this post
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
4,111 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

Last year, my friends and I (three females) felt perfectly safe. Mind you, we're in our 30's and 40's. Every one of us also felt safe enough to often wonder around alone/individually- day and night, although I wouldn't recommend it. Late at night, there's far fewer people on the beaches and fairly dark. In my opinion- the girls will be safe if they use normal precautions and stay together.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,119 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

My daughter went down with three friends, all in their mid twenties. They had a great time, but it's like being out and about at home. Just be careful.

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

Briahjust...you are concerned with me being a party person? I'm as harmless as a fly on the wall...Just don't ask my wife...lol It is safe...like others have said, just be cautious like you would be here at home. The beaches are not patroled to my knowledge but as long as you don't walk alone...at 3am...drunk...waving a sign saying "Victim here" you will be perfectly safe....lol The bars downtown are very close and there are lots of other people on the streets (tourists) it is very safe. Just use common sense. If you do over indulge...spend the $10 for a cab back to your resort.

Cabo_nut

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

At 18 and 21, they are not girls, they are young women. They should know and follow the same rules any group of girls (or boys for that matter) should follow when out at night. Stick together, don't walk in areas you are not familiar with, don't go asking for trouble.

Cabo is very safe if you use just the least little bit of common sense.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Tucson
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

I would like to add that the only reason that poor Natalee Holloway is missing (and presumed dead) is because she got into a car with strangers and her FRIENDS LET HER GO!! Its despicable and a very tragic lesson. Stay together anywhere you go always...common sense MUST prevail regardless of (and particularly) how intoxicated one might be.

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Cabo safe for yourg adult females alone

Murph....Awesome Point!

Cabo_nut

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico