We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars for Fishermen?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Columbus
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Bars for Fishermen?

Ok boyz - need some recon.

5 of us 40 somethings coming down in 6 weeks - mostly to fish. When i don't have a rod (fishing)in my hand, i want to have a cold one in my hand. We are staying at Estancia but i suppose the bars i'll want to be at will be near the marina. I'll be buying some vouchers but need some suggestions.

thx

>)))))'<

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars for Fishermen?

Solomon's Landing at the corner of the marina (Great fish tacos and cold cerveza) and the Baja Cantina, just down a few doors. You're also a fairly short walk down the beach to several good beach bars. Tabasco's, the Sand Bar, and the Office to name but a few. The beach bars are great to people watch, but for some reason the beer never seems as cold there, perhaps less refrigeration on the beach.

Portland Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars for Fishermen?

Solomon's, great spot for fish stories, get a ton of vouchers for there. Also the Tanga Tanga right out side the entrance to Tessaro (formaly Costa Real hotel before that Plaza Los Glorias) When at Solomon's tell Pancho that John and son John say HI.

So California
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars for Fishermen?

I have to agree with the above Cabo experts.The beach bars are cool for people watching,but the beer is never cold enough.I love the bars on the marina.As a fisherman I like to look at the awesome yachts in the harbor while throwing down a ton of cold ones.For me if the beer is not cold enough it just fills me up quick,and my plan of an all day beer fest is over before it begins and the buzz never comes.Maybe thats why they have tequila?

Who am I kidding,I drink them both.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars for Fishermen?

We've decided that the beer at the beach bars is not stored in anything cold. They just plunk it in ice when they serve it. What we do is keep ordering ahead so the beer has a chance to get cold.

Ca
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bars for Fishermen?

downrigger,

Baja cantina is great on the matina, also in town try RIPS, great outdoor bar with very cold ones, good people watching

Fish-in-cabo

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,626 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bars for Fishermen?

Here is the rule of thumb for anyone that needs to cool beer down.

7 minutes from the time it hits the ice till the time it hits your lips! It will get colder if you leave it in the ice, but up here in beer country, we've determined thats all it takes. This of course after years of study.

Ok its been in for one minute, glug glug glug, no to warm. Ok this one has been in for 2 minutes, glug glug glug, nope to warm, and so on and so on.

Like I said, years of study!

F4B

Columbus
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bars for Fishermen?

Thanks - i'll check them all out - more than once.