We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Todos Santos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Center Valley...
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to Todos Santos

Is the construction complete on road to Todos Santos? We have never done this but will be in Cabo July 14 - 31 and may take a day trip. Any other suggestions?

BC
Level Contributor
397 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Todos Santos

Bucknut01- Todos Santos is a great little town. Most visitors see about 5% of it so leave early. Playa Los Lobos at about 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm is definitely worth visiting. Have drinks or lunch at Posada La Poza and have a good map so you can find these places. Tequila Sunrise, across from the Hotel California, looks like a tourist trap but serves great food. Go inside the Todos Santos Inn and visit the Todos Santos Cafe across the alley. Tour the new Guaycura Hotel accross the street. Stop at KM 67 to visit Cerritos Beach coming or going. So little time, be prepared to come back.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,094 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Todos Santos

Yes the road construction is complete. I went up with a group just last month and we had a great time!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
63,484 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to Todos Santos

Here is a fun map: gotbajamaps.com/destinos_todossantos_mapa.ht… Move it around to see the edges.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,975 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving to Todos Santos

If you don't go on a Tues., stop at the Cafe Santa Fe, for an amazing meal in a beautiful setting! It's a 'don't miss'!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving to Todos Santos

And don't go on a Sunday as many shops and restaurants will be closed.

Center Valley...
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving to Todos Santos

Thanks for the great advice!!

Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving to Todos Santos

Tequila Sunrise makes the most unbelievable Margarita

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving to Todos Santos

We are driving up in a few days and will report back but everything I have heard is that the road is complete! I must second KatD recommendation to go to Cafe Sante Fe as it is the most wonderful Italian restaurant! Sitting in the lovely outside courtyard for lunch you feel like you are in Italy. Also they make a mean margarita! Also lovely Rancho Pescadero (turn toward ocean right before the Pemex station right before entering Todos Santos) is a gorgeous stop for lunch and/or drinks. If you like art make sure to stop at Michael Cope's Gallery of Todos Santos. I also recommend the new Casa Tota right in downtown TS. It is a charming spot for lunch and/or drinks.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,975 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Driving to Todos Santos

So glad you are a Santa Fe fan J&K! If you go there, tell Paula I said HI! (though she may not associate a name w/no face)

Rahway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
170 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Driving to Todos Santos

Fonda el Zaguan makes a really mean Mojito! I believe the owners are Cuban and make some Cuban dishes. We had a sea bass carpacio that was delicious. The bread they give was also amazing. Warm and a nice crust! It was a welcoming alternative to chips and tortillas!