We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aero California

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
277 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Aero California

Guess what happens when you show up at the Aero California ticket counter with a valid ticket? You get told the company is no longer in business as of Saturday and it is up to you to find your own way either home or to your vacation destination. Good Luck to all of you holding tickets.

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Aero California

I heard that they were shut down by the Mexican government...don't know why....We flew them a couple of years ago...vowed to never use them again...worst airline we have eve dealt with.

Cabo_nut

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aero California

For those of you holding aero california tix....read this

www.nbc4.tv/news/8436825/detail.html…

Cabo_nut

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,248 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aero California

I received this notice from Orbitz today regarding Aero California. Unfortunately, I purchased my Mom's tix from LAX to SJD on Aero California for this November's trip... hopefully, everything will be resolved (and the airline safe!) by November.

=======================

Dear Orbitz traveler,

We wanted to let you know that the Mexican government has temporarily suspended operations at the airline Aerocalifornia, and there's no indication yet when flights may resume.

Several other carriers, including Aeromexico, Mexicana and Aviacsa, are reaccommodating Aerocalifornia passengers if space is available. The airlines may charge an additional fee.

Travelers seeking alternate travel arrangements should take their Aerocalifornia tickets to the other carriers' airport ticketing counters and allow extra time for reaccommodation.

For more information on Aerocalifornia, please visit the OrbitzTLC section at www.orbitz.com/App/ViewTravelWatchHome.

Thanks for traveling with Orbitz.

Sincerely,

The OrbitzTLC Team

New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Aero California

I went to main Sales office in New York for Mexicana and after a day iof trying to help me - I was told by the airline that they would not honor my tickets. Also Orbitz is only repeating what they see on the Websites and are not very helpful

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,248 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aero California

It's hard to find any updated info about AeroCalifornia. Here's the only recent 'news' (if you can call it that) about it:

bajafishing.com/fishreports/lapaz/lapaz2.html