We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise to the Mexican Riviera

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
444 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise to the Mexican Riviera

I am taking a cruise to the ports of Cabo, Mazatlan, and PV for one day only. Does anyone have any suggestions as to some things I should try to do or see in the limited amount of time that I have at each port?

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise to the Mexican Riviera

In PV it is fun to rent a van or car with a driver for 4-5 hours and have him take you to Mismaloya Beach and then into the "jungle" where there are water falls that you can swim at. The area is called El Eden, I think. We always do our excursions separate from the ship(alot cheaper).

In Matzalan we did the same(driver) and went way into the interior and saw alot of neat towns and people. Its the Sierra Madre tour.

Cabo is great to just hang out at Medano Beach or take a water taxi to Lovers Beach and snorkle. Very laid back and everything is quite close compared to PV and Matz.

Have a great cruise. :-)

cruiseaddicts.com is a good source for questions too.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise to the Mexican Riviera

try www.cruisecritic.com as well . We are going on a 10 day cruise on the Dawn Princess April 29 . Which date and ship are you on wiz ?

Indiana
Level Contributor
444 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise to the Mexican Riviera

I am going to be on the Sapphire Princess out of LA on April 29th for a 7 day cruise to Mexican Riviera. I have cruised in the Caribbean several times, but this my first time to the MR. I am really looking forward to the trip.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise to the Mexican Riviera

Have you criuised wth Princess before wiz?

We did the Star in 2004 in the Med. and did the Caribbean with Celebrity and RCCL.

I look forward to a review of your Mex. crise . It will be interesting to compare notes.

Indiana
Level Contributor
444 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise to the Mexican Riviera

No envy, I have never cruised with Princess before. I have cruised the Caribbean several times with Royal and I will be cruising the Eastern region on the Explorer again in Nov. It should be interrsting to compare the two cruise lines. I will keep you posted on my evaluation of this trip.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,005 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise to the Mexican Riviera

Has anyone done the 8 night NCL to ACA and back? I have a group booked for Jan07., but haven't had anyone elso on that trip. Looking for feedback, please.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise to the Mexican Riviera

Wiz we were on the Exploer too . Loved her !!! I am a little nervous going on the Dawn at 77,000 tons .

Indiana
Level Contributor
444 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise to the Mexican Riviera

Hi Envy, I went on a Bahamas cruise on a 77,000 ton RC ship. I have since been on nothing but the larger (144,000 ton) ships. I perfer the larger ones because I am not sure there is enough to do on the smaller ones. You have to spend a lot of time on a ship for a 10 day cruise. You will have to let me know how it go. I am sure you will have fun. I know I always do regardless of the circumstances.