We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport car rental

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
california
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Airport car rental

Can anyone recommend a reliable car rental at the airport? We need a mini van or suburban to accommodate 8. We might also be interested in someone who could be a driver for the week. Not sure which is more economical

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
198 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Airport car rental

Go with PNW's list and you won't go wrong.

Dominic does have an 8 pax SUV, but you need to plan ahead because its a popular option (it was not available when we checked 12 weeks prior to the trip). Cactus also has 8 Pax SUVs (prices for the SUV's will typically run $700-$800 for the week incl mandatory liability & tax). If you have 8 people going from the airport - an 8 passenger vehicle may not be able to fit 8 people & luggage.

Of course if you wait too long to reserve - especially during busy times for the rental companies, prices will go up the closer you are to your rental period (not sure if that is the case with Dominic). We are in Cabo for 15 days in March - and 3 months prior to the trip reserved a Jetta for 8 days for $220 for the week, then picking up a Suburban for 7 days @ $700 when family joins us the 2nd week.

California
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Airport car rental

Sail Chicago...who did you rent the Jetta from for $220 for 1 week. I was quoted by Dominic $420 for a Nissan Sentra from 4/20/13 to 4/27/13. I thought that was very high.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
198 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Airport car rental

I rented from Senor~ Antonio at Cactus. I do believe he gave me an additional discounted rate since I am renting the Jetta the first week and a Chevy Suburban the 2nd week. The rate would have been closer to $300 for only the Jetta for 1 week. I have also rented thru Luis at Alamo in the past and have found the prices and service to be comparable. Although Dominic's rate includes a tank of gas, complete coverage including LDW/CDW, and his great personalized service, $420 seems high.

California
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Airport car rental

Thanks for your response. I have contact Cactus via email but they have not responded yet.

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
198 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Airport car rental

Onthego - Make sure you email Antonio directly, and ask for the Famous Antonio's Famous TA rate.

AMiranda@CactusCar.com

California
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Airport car rental

OK, I'll try that. Thanks.

17. Re: Airport car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, March 12, 2013
Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Airport car rental

Where do you pick up your car with Alamo Car Rental? Is the car right at the airport or how far away is it.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Airport car rental

Wow, this info really helped me out! Thanks!

Central Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Airport car rental

I used Dominic's Suburban one year. Its a nice vehicle!