We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Topic
First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

Hola,

in order for this to work we need 20 fishermen, 25 would be ideal. we also need 15 to 20 sunseekers/bottom fisherman/ photogs etc. if you all want this to be a reality then these are the numbers that are viable. please advise. Buena Suerte....... jim

So California
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

Jim,

Does the wife count as a sunseeker/bottomfisherman/photog?She fishes when we go out,but not for Marlin.I am sure she would want to be on the same boat as her sugar daddy.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

Redneck,

we are going to need to segregate this fisherman from the nonfisherman because of the configuation of the boats. as far as i can calculate the entry fee will be about 100.00 per angler and 75.00 for each non angler. this will cover all of the awards and the happy hour plus the awards banquet, so if your wife wants to be with the old man during the tourney she could sign up as a "fisherman" we have lots of cool things in the works and if we can get the participation i dont think anyone will be dissapointed. Buena Suerte....... jim

So California
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

Jim,

Are you saying that for a fisherman it is going to be $100 per day,so $200 total?What does this cover?If that is for everything,I am in shock.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

Redneck,

no that is not what i am saying. the 100.00 entry fee is just that. this pays for all of the happy hours and awards and dinners etc. the cost per fisherman per boat will vary. if there are 3 anglers on a boat it will most probably be 200.00 per day on a 2 day tourney that would be 400.00 plus a 100.00 entry fee for a total of 500.00 per angler all inclusive for the 2 day tournament. if there are 4 it would be less.. If there are only 2 anglers per boat you can do the math. there is no way to provide a quality experience for anglers and non anglers alike for less than this. Hey here is the deal a lot of folks said they want to have this event and i want it to be a first class thing. i have NOTHING to gain, as a matter of fact i have spent hours screwing with this on behalf of the forum fisherman and wether it happens or does not happen matters little to me. i think it would be a cool thing and i think everyone would have a great experience for a reasonable expense. i am voluteering my time and i can tell you it isnt easy and there is so much more to be done. If you guys want to do it i will make it happen and it will be top shelf. if not speak now and save me a lot of time i could use to fish or drink. I think this could become a very afforadble annual event for fisherman and nonfisherman alike. i need feed back as i have already invested more than a few hours on this project. Buena Suerte....... jim

Ca
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

YM, I have waited several weeks for you and the others to complete your research, this is a heck of a deal, I have been putting a trip together for a group of guys for the last five years, from 15-40, depends on the year. Your cost are RIGHT in line with what it has been for my trip over the past three years. I like to have a max. of three fisherpersons on a boat, with that in mind the cost runs $200/person/per day. That will include lunch, water, soda, bait, etc. We have a group dinner after our third day of fishing which everyone just shares the cost. The beer/booze is the biggest cost with my group.

If you want to go to cabo, fish and have a hell of a good time with a group of crazy fishermen/women, don't worry about an extra few bucks, life is too short.

Let me know if I can be of any help with boats or anything. I do have a friend with a tackle shop that may be willing to throw in some lures as a prize if that helps.

fish-in-cabo

So California
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

Jim,

Your time spent on our behalf is very much appreciated.I have no worries that the prices you are talking about is for a top notch event.Hopefully like somebody else mentioned this will turn in to an annual event.You can count on 2 participants from my camp.

Also, does anybody want to get a larger boat( 42ft or so ) for a third day of say partying and fishing on the water with a bigger group?

BTW, for the trophy, REDNECK should be in all capital letters.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

RedNeck,

you got it. so i guess your in for this year?

where are all the others who wanted to do this event? common guys/gals lets hear it. Buena Suerte...... jim

So California
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

Yes, count us in

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,077 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

Hey Jim, I'm sure everyone will catch up here shortly. Obviously I'm on board, and await details as to what I can do to help...:)

Southern California
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First Annual TripAdvisor Fishing tourney

Jim -

Thanks for putting it together! Although REDNECK appears to have the trophy in the bag, I do plan to be there to learn from all you fishing gods.