We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia San Lucas?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfield,CT
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Melia San Lucas?

Hi, I stayed at the Melia last April 2005 and liked it very much. We are going back again to the Melia this April. However, I have been reading the reviews and it seems as if it may have changed alot since last year. Has anyone been there recently? Is the music at the pool and bar so loud that you can't sleep at night? I don't remember it being loud at all. I would appreciate any info. Thanks Jane

Cabo
Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia San Lucas?

The Melia San Lucas now has the Nikki Beach thing and a new club called Passion...lots of fun but yes, it is loud.

chicago
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia San Lucas?

Sounds like they are trying to capture the void from Cancun.

Indiana
Level Contributor
188 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia San Lucas?

We stayed there in Nov. during contruction. We never had a problem sleeping. The only way we heard the music was if we opened the patio door.

The music was very loud out by the pool and on the beach. But other's have said it's not that bad. So who knows.

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia San Lucas?

We walked through one night and first of all, all the construction seem to be over that we could see. As far as the music, if you were around the pool, it is noticeable, especially the constant bass thump. I would not be able to stant the constanr barrage, but I am older and mellower now. We went during the day, so not sure how long they keep it going. I was just happy that it didnt bleed over next door to the Blanco. Have Fun !!!

California
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia San Lucas?

From what I have heard....They are going for the college/MTV crowd. Making for a louder, party like atmosphere. If that is your thing you'll like it...if you like it more mellow...not your place. The good thing about Cabo is the good variety the resorts offer.

Cabo_nut

Fairfield,CT
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia San Lucas?

Thanks for the info. I regret not booking next door at the Pueblo Bonito Rose. we will just make the best of it and spend the days at diffrent beaches. Thanks Jane

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia San Lucas?

We were at PB Blanco in November and at times we could hear the music coming from next door at the Melia. But we had to be outside over on that side of Blanco to hear it.