We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to cabo?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel to cabo?

Is it safe to travel to cabo in 2012?

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
225 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to travel to cabo?

www.simplyvallarta.com/safety-of-mexico/

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
66,600 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to travel to cabo?

Yes. Thousands of people are safely visiting Cabo every day. Sunburn & too many adult beverages are the biggest problems for most folks.

Here is a recent discussion about safety & geography: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k51791…

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to travel to cabo?

First post huh? This question does little good as it alarms all the folks out there that have little travel experience and they think it's not safe because the question keeps getting asked. You could have done a search on the topic and seen that it's a very talked about, and yes it's very safe. Like anywhere in the world crime happens, just not so much here.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
571 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to travel to cabo?

Cabo is very safe. We are in Cabo right now and having a fantastic time! Our friends visited us here last week and remarked about how safe it is in Cabo.

Edited: 8:53 am, February 27, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,831 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe to travel to cabo?

While it may get tiresome answering the same question ... not only do you not have to answer or even open the thread, you certainly do not have to always be so rude.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,289 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it safe to travel to cabo?

Sean.............you can pop your question into the search bar for lots of threads on this, but to give you the 'short' reply................yes, it is :) It is so far from the serious problems that those of us that go would go alone :) As with any city or town, just use common sense about things like wandering way off the beaten path alone, drinking too much and wandering, etc.

There have been quite a few posters from 'down under' lately :) I know my dear friends from your beautiful country love coming to Cabo!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it safe to travel to cabo?

Tesoro...I have to agree because MANY people come to TA for the first time looking for advice on the safety issue due to the media's alarmist type of reporting and for someone coming from half a world away I would EXPECT this to be one of their first posts when deciding wheather or not to visit Cabo or any part of Mexico.

I seriously doubt the Chamber of Commerce In Cabo will be selecting Bwask as their spokeperson for the Seattle area! LOL

So come on down to Cabo Aussies, its perfectly safe, the beer is cold and there is ALWAYS several good Sunday sessions going on at all the local pubs!

Edited: 10:03 am, February 27, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Tesoro Los Cabos
Tesoro Los Cabos
2,156 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it safe to travel to cabo?

I live here full time. It is very safe, just use common sense.

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,078 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it safe to travel to cabo?

Yes Cabo San Lucas is a safe town. There haven't been any problems there associated with the drug cartels. What you hear about in the the media is very specific and internal political/money/drug problems. It's like asking if you're going to run into the mafia/gangsters in the U.S. Highly unlikely.

suze

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it safe to travel to cabo?

Here is a map showing the area's in Mexico where the Cartel's are active.

There is no Cartel activity shown at the tip of the Baja peninsula where Cabo San Lucas is located. Cabo is not on the mainland of Mexico where it is more convient for the Cartel's to operate.

mappery.com/Mexican-Drug-Cartel-Territories-…

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico