We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Pass for hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
sonoma, ca
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Topic
Day Pass for hotel

Our cruise ship is staying in Cabo for a day and a half next week. Is there a really nice resort that has day passes? Or....should we just have lunch at the Office and enjoy the beach there. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,952 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Pass for hotel

Having lunch on the beach at any of the beach bars/restaurants is a good idea. Another cruiser said they spent the day at Finisterra (an older resort) for no fee other than what they spent on food & drinks. The Riu Santa Fe has a day pass for $75 US. Or you could go on a timeshare tour and just hang out at the resort after the tour.

Here is a cruising article with a map: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c141170

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
3,150 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Pass for hotel

If it were me I would just go to one of the beach bars and enjoy the beach there.Why pay $$$ to sit at a pool?You have one on the ship.Also you may want to walk around town for some cheap eats(tacos) & beers.Many places offer 3 beers for $5 or a bucket of 5 or six for 100 pesos($8)

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,397 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Pass for hotel

Unless you would specifically enjoy a pool and the resort ammenities, I'd just hang out at Medano Beach. After lunch at the Office you could move somewhere like the Sand Bar for the rest of the day.

suze

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Pass for hotel

I'm with those above, why waste money on a resort with the amenities you already have on the ship (pool). Hit one of the many beach bars and grab a lounge, eat/drink all day then hit the water taxi back at the end of the day. For lots of drinking games while you hang out...The Office, Mango Deck, Billygans....if you want quieter....head down the beach to Tabasco's, smaller, quieter but the same food/drink/sun and sand

SB
Level Contributor
263 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Pass for hotel

Try Baja Cantina Beach (no fees). They have a nice bar right in the sand as well as lounge chairs, dining tables & chairs. If you don't want your feet in the sand just walk up a couple of stairs and there is another dining area and bar. Good food, reasonable prices & beautiful view!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Pass for hotel

zingal, in only 5 posts, every beach bar except one on Medano Beach has been recommended. So as not to make that one feel bad, I'll go ahead and recommend it - the Medano Beach Club. Now you have a feel that everybody has their favorite, depending on what they like. I agree with the other recommendations. Don't bother with a resort. Find a beach bar and have a beer. If you don't like it, walk to another one. They're all very close. For the record, I really prefer Tabasco's and the Sand Bar, but you might like one of the others. They're all fun in different ways.

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,397 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Pass for hotel

That's how I found the Sand Bar for myself, Eljefe.

You can just walk along the length of Medano and see what atmosphere (at that particular time, they change some depending on time of day and even whoever happens to be there). I knew I didn't want the place with an MC yelling on a mike cheering on a equally rowdy tequila shot contest (was that Billigan's?).

Sand Bar had a nice set up, no stage or entertainment or games, just normal beach bar music playing on their speakers, nice waiters, decent loungers, chairs, umbrellas, etc. food, snacks, restrooms.

suze

sonoma, ca
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Pass for hotel

I want to thank all of you for your responses. We will definitely be hitting the beach bars/restaurants and hanging out there. We will probably go to the quieter ones for relaxation and enjoyment.

Thanks again everyone for your recommendations....they all sound great and just what I was looking for.

9. Re: Day Pass for hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, May 28, 2013