We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avis Car Rental at the Airport

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Avis Car Rental at the Airport

Just wondering, once you pick up your luggae, where do you go to find the Avis car rental people?

I realize there are bunch of timeshare people once you get your luggage, etc. and I just don't want to end up having someone lie to me telling me they are taking me to Avis, and then end up at some resort on a tour! lol. Is there an Avis desk in the airport? Do I need to go outside and find an Avis rep? The Avis facility is located off-site, so we have to take a shuttle... but just want to make sure where we are supposed to end up. Thanks in advance!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Avis Car Rental at the Airport

I forgot the rest of my answer.

You will go right by Mega in San Jose and it's free.

CCC & Soriana are in Cabo. North of city center on the road to Todos Santos - they are just a couple blocks apart. We've never been to the Soriana in San Jose so I don't know how to find it. These stores are free.

City Club in near PB Rose in town and it's $1 for a day pass.

Costco is for members only. :-( I love their water.

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Avis Car Rental at the Airport

I DEFINITELY would go to the Avis desk INSIDE and let them know you are there. They have a printout sheet of renters that day and will radio Avis to let them know you are there and send their shuttle right away if it isn't already there or on its way. Then you go OUTSIDE and wait for the shuttle. Mega and Sorianas are both on your way to Cabo San Lucas on your left side. There is even a street named Sorianas, so you can't miss it. Neither cost to go to. We find it convenient to stop there rather than go to the Sorianas in Cabo as it is on your way to the resort. I wouldn't pack water to bring down...much easier to just buy it there and eliminate that extra suitcase. We bring our coffee and cereal, paper plates, roll of paper towels. Go to their delis and check it out too!

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Avis Car Rental at the Airport

Thanks everyone

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Avis Car Rental at the Airport

Since you have a car...don't forget to stop at ProSans one day. This used to be the "Costco" of Cabo until Costco arrived. No membership required and you don't have to buy in large quantities like Costco. Prices are very good and their exchange rate for the American dollar are the vest BEST in Cabo. They won't exchange extra money for you, but if you pay in US dollars...they give you the best exchange. They don't sell meat or veggies here...just canned and dry goods. I sent you the directions to get there with the list of restaurants I e-mailed you. Very easy to get to on your way to or from PBSB.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Avis Car Rental at the Airport

thanks again jjj

chicago
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Avis Car Rental at the Airport

Hello all,

which is your favorite car rental place in SJD? Avis? Hertz? Other? Hertz seems to have weirdo cars: Nissan Tsuru, Chrysler Atos.

thanks for any help

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Avis Car Rental at the Airport

We rent from Avis at the airport--Avis' quoted rates include the required Mexican 3rd party liability insurance; other companies do not include that in the quote, so add $7-$11.00 a day to their rates in order to compare to the Avis rate. We let our credit card insurance coverage on rented vehicles do the rest of the insurance and do not purchase the car rental company's insurance (except for the 3rd party liability which you absolutely are required to buy by Mexican law).