We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat to Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ca
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Topic
Boat to Cabo

I am looking to take a boat (30') down to Cabo by water, would like to take it down on the sea of cortez side of baja. Anyone have an idea where I can get it into the water and ports along the way for fuel?

Thanks

So California
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat to Cabo

Fish,

I have no answer to your question but I just had to make a statement.For somebody who loves to fish and enjoy Baja, would that not be a trip of a lifetime.Wow.I am so jealous.You must give details upon your return.I think I just might purchase a worthy vessel just for that trip.

PA
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat to Cabo

I don't have an answer either, but I think you can find what you want on this site

bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/cortez/index.cgi

and possibly here

www.math.ucr.edu/ftm/bajaPages/MsgBoard/

have a great time!

Polk

Ca
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat to Cabo

Redneck and Polk,

Thanks for the feedback, Polk I will check those sites.

Redneck, may need a deck hand will let you know.

Fish

Ca
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat to Cabo

polk,

thanks for the advice, has got me on the right track, going to use the marina in san carlos, they will pick the boat up in tucson and bring it down to san carlos. Will fish from there to cabo, about 350 miles should be fun trip.

Thanks again - fish-in-cabo

California
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat to Cabo

3 years ago I went with a friend as he took his 40ft bertram from San Diego to Cabo......What an experience. It was a long haul but it was fun...we fished, catching more Dorado than we could count, we ate, relaxed, enjoyed the breath taking scenary and met many great locals in the various marinas. The water was pretty rough a couple of day and made it quite adventurous. Just make sure you are well stocked and well prepared in case of an emergency....the Sea of cortez side of baja seems to be less populated with less marinas/ports. Have an awesome trip!

Cabo_nut

Southern California
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat to Cabo

Please take me along. What a great trip that will be!

Enjoy

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat to Cabo

had some aquaintences from Sacremento who use to sail down the coast. They had to time their trips for weather as only in 23ft sloops. On sea of cortez side if you see something glowing in the water and changing color at night coming up out of depths to feed are the humbodlt or killer squid. Killer comes from frenzy caused when they are caught at night by squid fisherman. Leave em alone and enjoy the show.