We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food Prices

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
477 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food Prices

Here's the deal, I've found that I can stay at Fiesta Americana (not all inclusive) for about $1000 less than we could stay at Dreams or the Riu (all inclusive). We're staying for 7 nights. How are food prices in the cabo area or at the Fiesta Americana? Would we be better off to save the $1000 and buy our own food/drinks or go for the all inclusive?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo...
7,156 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,371 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food Prices

I say definitely better off buying your own! There are some fantastic places to eat that are not expensive!!!!!!!!!!Most of them have been posted here....try the search bar for Trapper3's list.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food Prices

I agree with KatD. Fiesta Americana is not cheap on-site but you are only 10 or so minutes from downtown and lots of cheap eats.

If you are in the timeshare section you should have a partial kitchen.

Not sure if the hotel section has mini fridges.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,514 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food Prices

I agree, definitely better on your own--and more reason to explore lots of different places.

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Food Prices

And...unlike most resorts you can walk to a great swimmable corridor beach from Americana!

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Food Prices

Have you considered renting a timeshare at one of these resorts/hotels? Ebay, www.redweek.com, tug2.net, etc...?

Much, much cheaper and they have amenities the hotel units, though classifed the same, do not..and allow greater occupancy and have no taxes/fees on them which amount to a shocking figure daily.

Check out Fiesta Americana rental and compare to the hotel price.

Also, as timeshare units they will have kitchens and you can save that way.

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Food Prices

Include my vote for skipping the AI. It's so much fun to see what Cabo has to offer in restaurants and night life. There are many restaurants for all budgets, and I've never had anything but a good or great meal no matter how much I spent.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico