We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

temperature in cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
temperature in cabo

we're heading for the riu on Feb 19 and we have been hearing that the temperature first thing in the morning until about 10:00 am is quite cool and then bang a heat wave and then after 7:00 pm cools down again. can someone who has just come back confirm what the temperatures are in the morning and evening.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: temperature in cabo

While I don't have the am and pm temps., I think you will find that the weather is pleasantly warm. Take a light wrap for evenings, as it can feel a bit brisk if the wind is blowing. There are several sites that will give you the daily weather. www.loscabosguide.com lists some of them.

ANDERSON
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: temperature in cabo

Just got back 1/28 - were there for 10 days. It was never hot. Coolest place we have ever been in Mexico which was actually nice. Overcast and cool until noonish - rained a couple of mornings although they insist it never rained. Sunny most afternoons but certainly not all. When we were leaving, the airport was very hot with no a/c and with people commenting it was the hottest they had been since they arrived.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: temperature in cabo

for some realtime weather go to allaboutcabo.com/liveweather.htm If you know the past it will tell you the future. j.p.

Hollister.CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: temperature in cabo

Just got back today. The weather is pleasant all day with a slight evening breeze. Not too hot, not too cool. Bring a sweater, a bathing suit and a good book.

canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: temperature in cabo

prowlerkat...what exactly do you mean when you say its pleasant during the day. do you mean its mid to high 20s and not low to mid 30s like othe Mexico destinations, what about the mornings can we go to breakfast in swimsuit cover up. pls clarify.

Hollister.CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: temperature in cabo

We never really checked the actual temperature there. Really no need to. We'd had breakfast outside everymorning about 9:00 in shorts and tee shirts and we'd try to find a table in a shady spot outside to eat I'd guess it was upper 60's in the morning to mid to high 70's all day. It may have gotten up in the 80s. No radical change in temperature or comfort all day. In the late afternoon it would get a little breezy and people around the pool could be seen using pool towels as wraps. As soon as the sun went down around 6:30pm the breeze would disappear and you could have a comfortable dinner on the patio in shorts and a light shirt. Bring a sweater or light jacket and you'll be prepared for anything. It's perfect weather there now.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: temperature in cabo

We were there from Jan 17-24th. A few days it was overcast and cool but when it was clear and sunny by my standards it was hot. Definitley bring some light pants for cloudy days especially if you go out on a whalewatching trip. During the sunny days you will be comfortable in just a bathing suit. Evenings are a bit cooler so I brought a wrap but could still be comfortable wearing a dress or shorts.

Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: temperature in cabo

Go to weathernetwork.ca, click on international cities; you will find the seven day forecast for Los Cabos. It doesn't show you the temp in the mornings, but I find if I just add a degree or two to the "low", it's usually pretty accurate. We'll be there 02/07-02/14, can't wait!!

Houston
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: temperature in cabo

I know the Pacific is chilly but, can you tell me if the Sea of Cortez is warm?

TA
Kenosha
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: temperature in cabo

Just spent 22 days in Cabo, arriving home 1/31. Every day was pleasant with only 1/2 day of rain on 1/26. Slight overcast on a couple of days, but sunny most of the time. Temps during day ranged from mid 70's to low 80's. Evenings dropped to mid to hi 60's. I never wore a sweater when we went out to eat or walk around town in the evenings. I have to admit it was warmer at night this year than past years when temps would drop into the hi 50's.