We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paying for timeshare, owner's condo,etc??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Topic
paying for timeshare, owner's condo,etc??

When I checked out Redweek.com, they mention security....make sure you know the person you are dealing with is legitimate.

How can you be sure? Do most people use Paypal to do these transactions? Or what?

I'd feel very uncomfortable giving my credit card number to a stranger.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paying for timeshare, owner's condo,etc??

polk,

I don't know how redweek works and I think we would have to pay the $9.00 to find out. I just found a week on there for a friend but I have some questions. I can not ask them unless I pay--not liking that. Otherwise, I know they are a site that has been around awhile and I think a good one.

I really like Stroman realty because they do all the calling, bidding, $$ handling for you. You might want to see what they have. The website will show you if what you are looking for is avail. and then you call them and get all your questions answered. Just another option.:-)

Portland, OR
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: paying for timeshare, owner's condo,etc??

I am a redweek member and I have rented weeks with no trouble. I talk with the owners on the phone to make sure I am confortable with them. I have paid via paypal and personal check never found one to accept a credit card. I am not super impressed with redweek bercause you send a message and wait. I like to use ebay. For everything you ever wanted to know about timeshare and more including renting check out Timeshare Users Group at www.tug2.net I have never been what I consider super careful when renting, but I have been lucky so far. You should allways call the resort to verify that you are set for check in before you leave though.

Chuck