We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no reservations in May?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
227 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
no reservations in May?

Thinking about going down to Cabo in may for a week. Do you think I could get by without making hotel reservations?

California
Level Contributor
241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: no reservations in May?

I think that would be like going to Vegas wihtout a room during InfoComm or New years Eve

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,033 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: no reservations in May?

Why would you want to put yourself through that!? It's so easy to book a good package!

Riverside, CA
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: no reservations in May?

Speaking of ease of booking a package, what is the best and most economic way of doing so?

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,033 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: no reservations in May?

YZCHICK-YOU ARE FROM MY HOME TOWN!

I would recommend getting some brochures from your travel agent, checking things you like on forums like this-doing a little pricing, and then tell your agent what you want, what prices you found and see what can be done. Agencies can't always beat the web-but there are times they match or better the deals. Besides-the brochures have lots of good info to look at!

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: no reservations in May?

You will be able to find rooms no problem but it will cost you more. I have a friend that lives in Cabo and a few years ago I asked him to get a price for me at a couple of resorts. I was able to book on the internet for alot less.

For easy package pricing try Expedia.com or Obitz.com. Look at the airfare alone first then look at a package. Sometimes these internet sites will not default to the lowest airfare when pricing a package but you do have the option of changing your flight when you select your package for a lower rate. Then go to a travel agent without showing the price from the internet. If the price is way off find another travel agent, if it is close show them what you found and see if they will work with you. A travel agent will cost you a little more but a good travel agent may stop you from making a mistake if you are not familar with your destination. But that's just my 2 cents.

Edmonton, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: no reservations in May?

I would recommend booking a room. You will probably pay more without a booking. If you are looking try cabodan@shaw.ca for Marina Fiesta time!