We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in December

Could someone tell me if the weather is warm for swimming and sunbathing during mid December. I am taking my 22 year old daughter there and we like to sit by the pool during the day. Will it be warm enough? Also, is it cold at night? Thanks.

Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
#4 of 75 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Casa Bella Boutique Hotel
Casa Bella Boutique Hotel
#5 of 75 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Cabo Vista Hotel
Cabo Vista Hotel
#6 of 75 hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,752 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December

It is definitely warm enough!!!!!!!! In fact-it's pretty perfect! When I have been able to use my PG week (#49) it has been amazing. I always take a light wrap as the evenings do get a bit cool-especially there on the Pacific, but Yes! Go and enjoy!

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
845 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December

Water temperature should be in the mid to low 70's. The daytime air temperature during will provably be in the mid to high 70's and night will be cool-- Bring a sweeter.

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in December

IMO Nov thru early March as the best months weather wise to be in Cabo...enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in December

what is a sweeter?

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in December

Its a person thats sweeter than everyone else, like me so therefore everyone going to Cabo in the Winter needs to bring me along! : )

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,236 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in December

"Sweeter SheriffJoe"

I love it!

konagirl128 ~ the ocean water is usually still warm in December, and begins to cool in January. (It continues to cool through June or so, then begins to warm up. Many folks think the ocean temp is best around November. Your timing is excellent.)

Some resorts do not heat their pools. I think December is okay most places, but you might want to read December reviews of the resort you're considering.

Thornton, Colorado
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in December

For the last 30 years I have spent the last 10 days of Dec. and the first week of Jan. in Cabo and find it one of my favorite times to go. The days can get into the mid 80's (much warmer than Colorado) and the nights generally are in the 60's (also much warmer than Colorado). Perfect for laying by the pool for a great winter tan. I do bring along a hoodie or sweater and a sweeter (my other half) because the nights can feel a bit cool with the breeze of the ocean particularly if you have a sunburn.

My other favorite time to go is huh let's see...........any time I can find an excuse or make up an excuse and believe me I work very hard at finding excuses to get there at least 4 times a year!:)

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Colorado
Colorado
United States
Olympia, WA
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in December

konagirl, I agree with the other posters. We spend from the end of November until mid-December in Los Cabos every year. A lot of our time is also spent in and around the pool. No problem. The weather is in the 70's or 80's.

Mentioned in this post
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Toronto
Level Contributor
587 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in December

Thumbs up for December in Cabo. This will be our groups 5th straight Cabo December trip.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in December

Thanks everyone for all the great info! Looks like we will be in Cabo in December! Just wasn't sure because we had gone to Puerto Vallarta the same time last year and had great weather too. Thanks for all your comments.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico