We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

our food review

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
435 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
our food review

we ate at quite a few places. here's the run down. keep in mind we were right downtown.

Spencers at the Mar de Cortez hotel.

Great breakfasts. Had omlettes came with fruit and amazing homefries. A ton of choices. I had bacon, tomatoe and cheese. We ate there twice. About $8US.

Iguana( marina blvd & cardenas)(very busy intersection)- Mexican Combo Plate for 2 people $30US. very good.

Corner Cafe-(matamoros & cardenas)it was right down the street from us. Ate there a few times and had lunch snacks. Breakfast $5US. 2for 1 beers all day!! and everyday is a 2 for 1 special. Plus you can use the internet 15 minutes for $1. or call home to Canada or the US for 35 cents a minute.

Stop Light-(marina blvd just past iguana) very good food. Hubby had mahi mahi($13) and really liked it. I had 1/2 chicken dinner cooked in rosemary($10). The second time we had steak archarro($12) and penne fagita ($10). also very good. We also had tortilla soup there one day to try it and it is very good.

La Paradilla- all you can eat ribs. $15 US. not that good they tasted boiled and we are not into that.

Mama Royals- had breakfast. very good. $10US

Mi Casa- this was are most expensive meal. nice place to have a drink but i think it is a little over rated. our food was cold. all four meals. bad service. seemed like they just wanted us to eat and get out. our friend had ordered fries, he quite picky. and they did not come until we were all finished eating our cold food and they were freezing cold.

Taco Loco- across from giggling marlin.

Had breakfst there. $4US each. good. also had the 4 tacos and a beer special, $6US. good salsa bar!

Galeon- italian food, Blvd marina at the driveway to Finnisterra. Hubby had shrimp, stak and alfredo combo $22US. very good and i had veal parmasean $13US very good. nice place with a nice view of marina.

Panchos- very good. I had tostadas and hubby had mango chicken. i think they were about $15 US. nice place a little busy.

Sleepless Lobster- had breakfast there. very cheap. Hubby had steak and eggs $6. quite good. We also had dinner there. I had steak and rice $7 and hubby had ribs $8. both very good. meals are plain but good.

Mission de Keno- (on Guerrero around the corner from Mar de Cortez) very nice place. Both had BBQ shishkabobs. He had combo steak chicken and shrimp. I had just chicken. With 2 drinks each and meal was $60US. Very good.

La Pearla- small litlle restaurant. they speak no english. Had breakfast very good. Only open from 8:30- 3:30. $10US for both of us.

Margarittavilla- at the marina. Nice view ask to sit up stairs. good drinks. I had grilled chicken and hubby had ribs. both $15US. Good food.

Finnisterra- pool club. had lunch clubhouse $10US and hubby had chicken wings and chips and guac. Also went up to whale watchers bar for a drink. Awesome view!!!

La Paisa- taco stand. (leona vicario & revolution) this place is a few blocks up from the main street. we were told to go there and we were so glad we did. The best mexcian food we had. steak tacos and amazing Stuffed Baked Potato. They do not speak much english. we ate like pigs it was so good.

bill came to $19US. They do not open until 6:30pm. Lots of locals and like i said the best food!!!!

Passo Pizza- behind gigglimg marlin. We had pizza there twice when we were in no shape to go a restaurant. Great pizza and wings. They also deliver. And monday is two for one pizza.

Well i hope this helps and there is not to many spelling errors!!! we had great food in cabo and the best guacamole everywhere. Don't be afraid to try anything or explore!

And thanks for all the recommendations before we went.

I wish i could go out to one of them tonight!!!

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: our food review

WOW! This is great. I've already printed out your list, so I won't forget anything.

San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: our food review

Great recommendations, thanks :)

The last time I went to Mi Casa, I bought a beautiful lamp in the gift store instead of dinner - so have fond memories!

Oh and pleased don't mention stuffed baked potatoes when I'm famished ;)

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,877 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: our food review

Great list!!!!!! Thanks! Sorry you had a poor experience at Mi Casa. Ours has always been great, but we are either there for lunch or an early dinner, so no crowds-very good, hot meals.

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: our food review

ripcats, I'm glad you got off the beaten path a little. Taqueria El Paisa and Misiones D'kino are two of my favorites.

Rogers, MN
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: our food review

Great list - sounds like you tried alot of different local places - those are the best! Thanks for sharing - can't wait to get there to try some of these out. BTW I agree about Mi Casa's - the times we have been there we have found the same thing - way overpriced and not that good of service - there are so many better places to go that have great food and service!!

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: our food review

Wow, good list - I have it printed for NEXT years trip. I agree with KatD ... we had an awesome meal there. The seafood plater for $40.00 was great - three of us shared it and still had too much food, but we went early to avoid the rush. Everyone loved what they had and we had a big group of 12.

Galeons is a favorite. We generally go there on our last night in town.

Thanks again for taking the time to report back. Always good to get reviews from others.

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: our food review

Thanks Just had breakfast and now I am hungry all over again. There goes me diet.

Kirkland, Wa
Level Contributor
739 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: our food review

Ripcats, WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your experiences. You have gone to many places that I have never heard of. We have gone to cabo so many times and usually hit the same spots over and over just because we know they are good. I will hit some new ones now, especially the breakfast places you talked about.

I shared your same experience at Mi Casa was very much the same. We have eaten there about 15 times over the years ( I have to have the Chicken Mole every trip) but the last few times we have had the very cold shoulder, cold food and spotty service. Had a probelm with the bill and it took about 30 mins to get to the bottom of it. Our server just seemed down right angry and I don't think cracked a smile the entire time. But, at the end of the day I think unless you know the owners or some server from a prevoius trip service in Mexico is just that.... Service in Mexico. It must be hard for the wait staff to watch us Americans party it up and living the high life every night. I always try to keep that in mind when things don't always go the right way.

Thank you again for taking the time to get this all out for us. So many times it seems that people get so excited to go to cabo that they forget to come back to the board and tell us all about it!

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: our food review

Excellent!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: our food review

Thanks for this wonderful list of restaurants. I will definitely use this for my upcoming trip in April. I thought it deserved a bump to the top!