We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging near the Misiones?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Lodging near the Misiones?

I am STILL looking for lodging next week in the vicinity of the Misiones. Grrrr. Any suggestions?

(I'm attending a wedding in Mexico and that's where all of the guests are staying...except for me!)

The receptionist at the Misiones recommended "Los Patios" since it is within walking distance, however, the reviews on TripAdvisor are horrible.

There are plenty of places available in town but would require renting a car and driving to/from the Misiones

San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging near the Misiones?

The Calinda is right next door but the reviews are also horrible!

Misiones del Cabo is only about 3 miles from downtown. You might want to try VRBO.com to see if any private rentals are available at Misiones. When are you traveling?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
48 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging near the Misiones?

I stayed at the Calinda a few years ago. Its OK at best. Older and a bit run down in spots. Food was awfull, stick to beer, thier liquor list was poor. We had a room that was absolutley horrible at first.....complained, politely and they moved us to a room that was right on the cliffs overlooking the sea. GREAT! That was the best part of the hotel. Not much else was nice about it. I believe that Marbella Suites is close by also.?

I say rent that car.....stay in town. There are many other options in town at great hotels! Its only a 5-10 minute drive!

It will be worth it when you are stumbling home at 1am! (a 5 minute walk!)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging near the Misiones?

Thanks for the quick replies! I'll be in Cabo Feb 13-20. I looked into the Calinda and it's booked solid (as are most of the hotels along the corridor).

Looks like staying downtown and renting a car might work best. I guess I'll be cancelling the cab costs with the rental car costs. You make a good piont regarding the stumbling home factor, too ;)

I'll do some research but if you were 30, single and fun-loving where would you stay? I'd prefer to avoid a spring-break style frathouse at all costs but would certainly like to be within walking distance of the beach and nightlife.

Checking hotel reviews here now...

us
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging near the Misiones?

didi u check vista azul

Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging near the Misiones?

Have you tried one of the Condo rental web pages? I'm certain someone from Misiones may be trying to rent their unit out.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging near the Misiones?

Thanks. I've been trying to the condo rental sites but since it's a holiday week (president's day) all the places I've looked into are booked.

I did find a few hotel downtown that received good reviews on tripadvisor. I'll probably stay at one of these and rent a cheap car to get to/from the corridor hotels.

I'll be sure to take some photos for this site and report when I get back. Should be an interesting experience!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging near the Misiones?

Just got back from Cabo and had an excellent time! The weather was perfect, the beaches were beautiful and the town definitely had a lot to offer.

Plus, my friends took pity on me and let me crash on a roll-away at the Misiones, so everything worked out ;)

I posted a few photos on Tripadvisor of the Misiones - which un-announced to us was undergoing major construction. It wasn't unbearable but we certainly should have been forewarned.

Now that I've been there, my take on the lodging is simple: If you want privacy and solitude, stay on the Corridor. If you want nightlife and don't mind crowds or being pestered to buy trinkets on the beach, stay downtown.

Either way a cab between the corridor resorts and downtown is only $4/person (if you have several people), otherwise, it's $14 if you're traveling solo. I recommend renting a car if you plan on leaving your corridor resort often.

Thanks, again, for all of your help!