We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solmar question: Which rooms are where?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Solmar question: Which rooms are where?

Hi there... headed to Cabo for the first time in a few weeks (and psyched about it).

Question about Solmar Suites: RCI lists several available room types, namely "Hotel Units," "Studios," and several of what I assume are actual suites with 1-3 bedrooms.

Anybody familiar with the complex know which ones are which? I've read elsewhere that the "Hotel Units" are the 'original Solmar,' is that the V-shaped complex right on the beach?

Thanks much...

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
160 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solmar question: Which rooms are where?

Hi Alfonzo,

We're owners at SolMar and have been there 8 or 9 times, so I'll try to answer your questions.

The "Hotel Units" are the original Solmar, and they are reasonably sized hotel rooms. The big plus is that they are right on the beach--you can hear the waves at night and if on the first floor, walk right out to the beach.

The Studios are in the timeshare section and generally have one bedroom, one bath and a small kichenette.

We have what's called a Deluxe Suite--and it has a large "living room" with a sofa-bed, and bedroom, a decent kitchen area, and two bath rooms.

The rooms vary a bit depending on when they were built. You might want to go to the SolMar web site for some pictures of the various rooms. www.solmar.com

Hope this helps a bit.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Solmar question: Which rooms are where?

CaboAgain, like the man said in "The Kentucky Fried Movie," you haff my gwatitude!

We have a Hotel unit booked, and right on the beach is exactly what we were looking for. Thanks!

Wylie, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Solmar question: Which rooms are where?

We are going to be there May 19 ~ 26 in a hotel unit. Very excited to hear that they are right on the beach. Do you have any idea if they come equipped with a mini fridge? I know we would like to get some snacks and drinks to keep in the room.

Thanks!