We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Sea Fishing Question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Springfield...
Level Contributor
196 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Deep Sea Fishing Question

Can one person go deep sea fishing for a reasonable price with other people or do you have to charter the whole boat?

East Bethel, MN
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Sea Fishing Question

You need to charter the entire boat. When you get to Cabo you may find someone that wants to share the charter with you. There are positives and negatives to sharing a charter with someone you don't know.

Last year we were fortunate enough and Cabo Magic hooked us up with someone that wanted to share a charter.

Good luck!

The Villages...
Level Contributor
62 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep Sea Fishing Question

You have to charter the whole boat. With enough notice many companies will do their best to hook you up with another fisherman or couple to share the cost of the boat. Basic cost of a 28 foot boat is around $365 plus license ($10 each) and bait (10 baitfish at $2 each). When you add it all up, plus a 15% tip for the crew, you are looking at around $450 for the day. You can purchase your own beer and snacks on the dock prior to boarding, or you can pay for an "all inclusive". Be prepared to troll for marlin for many hours, and if you aren't used to this kind of fishing, it can get boring. I went out last Monday with my girlfriend, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. No fish, and fighting off seasickness all day. Never caught a fish. My suggestion is to check on a panga boat, which is an open outboard fishing boat with a bimini cover from the sun (no bathroom) which goes out for 4-5 hours for $180 plus the above adders. They fish closer to shore, and I believe you have a better chance of catching fish (probably not a marlin). I guess it depends on the type of fishing you want to do.