We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charter boat fishing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
DBH
OMAHA
1 post
Save Topic
charter boat fishing

We are going in March, does anybody have any body have any suggestions on who to contact or who to avoid? THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: charter boat fishing

DBH,

because Cabo is one of the top sportfishing destinations in the world there are many fine charter companies and those who regularly post here have our favorites so "who is the best" is too subjective. i have the luxury of fishing primarily from private boats but when i charter i use RedRum. I do so because this company which changed hands not so long ago has a good "all-inclusive" charter and i have found the owners Heather and Vince to be honest upfront people and their crews bust a$$ to get results. Their charter includes all tackle, as most all do, all live bait, most do not provide this, a great lunch, usually an option, and their boats have good Penn and Shimano gear. they also freeze/smoke your catch and provide a full course dinner made with a portion of your catch at the Fish House Restaurant in Cabo and its a real treat.Other top companies are Pisces,Picante,CaboMagic. i have dropped Solmar from my list as they are in the process of selling out and i dont know whats going on as of this writing. If you want to fish from a Panga i reccommend Gordo Banks out of LaPlayita in SJD. I know all of these people and they are all good. go get some Baja and Buena Suerte.... jim

http://www.redrumcabo.com/home.html

http://www.gordobanks.com/

las vegas,nevada
Level Contributor
143 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: charter boat fishing

DBH,

I prefer to fish with El Budster,we have always had great luck!Great crews that work their butts off for ya!Take a look at their website www.ElBudster.com and see for yourself! Have a great trip!!

Cabochev

3. Re: charter boat fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:11 am, January 07, 2011
Fults Illinois
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: charter boat fishing

DBH

We really liked EL BUDSTER as well you should look on his web site. We would fish his boats again. We caught all kinds of fish in two days in early Jan.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
963 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: charter boat fishing

I have a dumb question for you fisherman. What is the differance between Panga fishing and Deep Sea fishing? Or, is there a differance? Also, If you have a large catch, what do you do is all the fish. (besides cooking some or bringing some home)

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: charter boat fishing

1rookie,

a panga is an open boat typically 22 to 24 feet in length and is most commonly powered by a single outboard motor. their range is more limited than a "cruiser" which are from 26 to 60 feet or more and usually single or twin diesel inboard powered. "deep sea" fishing is kind of a misnomer.. it would more accurately be call inshore and offshore fishing impling the distance from shore. the waters of Los Cabos are deep even near shore. pangas catch Marlin just as the cruisers do. the cruisers have the capability of traveling farter and therefore expanding you opportunities. most people have their fish frozen or smoked to bring back home and they have local restaurants prepare some of their fish to enjoy there. hope this helps.Buena Suerte...... jim

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
963 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: charter boat fishing

Jim,

Thanks for the help. Just to clarify, if we catch 5 big fish, eat one, bring one home (frozen) what do we do with the rest?

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: charter boat fishing

1rookie,

bringem all home man. youll enjoy them for a long time as will your friends. Buena Suerte...... jim

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
963 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: charter boat fishing

Went out with Pices (sp?)on Wed. They said fishing was very quiet Mon, Tues. Alot of boats got skunked. We had a great day! We told them we wanted to fish for Marlin since it was our first time to Cabo. We brought in a 12'-14' stripped Marlin. We had only released it about 30 min. when someone came on the radio, a 5 minute ride to a huge school. We had 3 on at the same time, it was nuts! We got 2 of them to the boat, lost one. Not a bad day at all! Of course they all were released for the next guy. Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,115 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: charter boat fishing

Way to go! Sounds like a great day, nothing quite like tangling with your first marlin. Was it a school of marlin you ran to? Which Pisces boat did you fish?