We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport booze question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
green bay
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
airport booze question

Yipee!

one week from now we will be flying the friendly skies to Cabo!

I have heard there are good prices on booze at the airtport shops.

Question...is the duty free booze only available when we depart the country? Or can we go to the booze area before we locate our private shuttle. We want to pick up some tequilla before we get to the condo.

Not sure ...can you help?

If we can't get it at the airtport, where is a convenient place to stop on the way to Terrasol?

only 6 more "sleeps" :)

green bay
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport booze question

OOPS! airport not airtport.

I am an awful typist...but I really DO know how to spell...heck, I'm a teacher!

I seem to have a mistake in every post I make.

Sorry!

It's really embarassing.

green bay
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport booze question

OOPS! airport not airtport.

I am an awful typist...but I really DO know how to spell...heck, I'm a teacher!

I seem to have a mistake in every post I make.

Sorry!

It's really embarassing.

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: airport booze question

If I remember correctly, it's duty-free only if you're departing the US. You'll have to show your boarding pass when paying.

There's also a small store soon after you leave the airport in San Jose. Very convenient, right off the highway on the right. I bought beer there. It seems like they had liquor too. Enjoy your vacation and bring some warm weather back our way!

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
295 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport booze question

You have to go thru departure security to get to the duty free shops, and I think you need a boarding pass to do so. The Cabo Wabo shop in the terminal sells other tequila's too but not cheaper. (Wabo is actually the cheapest at the cantina i found)

I really didnt think that the prices at duty free were exceptionly better than in town. Go to the city club for a better deal. They seemed to have the cheapst booze I saw. But you wont find any wabo there.

enjoy

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,027 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport booze question

The duty free stores are only for departing passengers. Probably the most convenient place to stop along the corridor (with the best prices and selection) is La Europea. It's not too far outside of CSL. They also have a shop in the Puerto Pariaso mall if you want to pick up a good bottle while you are wandering around town.

green bay
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport booze question

Thanks everyone...I figured the airport booze was for depatures only...wasn't sure.

emmy

green bay
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport booze question

Thanks everyone...I figured the airport booze was for depatures only...wasn't sure.

emmy

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport booze question

You might also stop at Costco to check out their prices. We can buy a bottle of cheap kahlua (a different brand) for about $7. You can also shop at City Club for alcohol at no charge. Their "liquor" store has a separate entrance and you are not charged a fee to shop there.

Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport booze question

We found the prices in Cabo better than at the airport. La Europea had good prices on most types.

Vancouver...
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: airport booze question

I have yet another question regarding buying duty free liquor. I am told you may bring back more than 2 bottles of Kluaeah as its not considered alcoholic like the rums,whiskies,gins,etc. Is there any truth in this?