We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can a 50 yr old single woman go alone?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
St. Helena...
Level Contributor
951 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
can a 50 yr old single woman go alone?

I was supposed to go with a friend for a week, staying at the Pueblo Bonita Rose. Now I am alone. Is this a smart thing to do? Can I have just as much fun? Any suggestions as to what to do and where to go? I love seeing the culture and experiencing all about where I am. Any help is greatly appreciated - all the way from restaurant recommendations to tours to car rentals to just having fun. Thank you in advance.

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,062 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can a 50 yr old single woman go alone?

Hi Pammy -

No problemo. I've traveled to Cabo alone and I'm also around 50. I was at PB Blanco which is right next door to Rose and the only thing I did was make sure I was back at the hotel by dark, if I was alone that evening. It's easy to meet people around the pool, so you probaly won't be alone very often.

I've met lots of single women in Cabo and also married women that came anyway when their husbands couldn't come.

For meals, I recommend the Tabasco Beach Bar (it's almost right next door to the Rose) and also the Sunset Grill on the roof of the Cabo Villas.

I know you'll have a great time. There's lots to do. The hotel has an activities desk that can guide you.

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
314 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: can a 50 yr old single woman go alone?

I am in much the same situation as you. I've decided that I'm going- with or without my friends. Unfortunately, I've decided to postpone my trip to October. Otherwise, I would've been happy to buy your first drink! Seriously though, I never would have considered traveling to Mexico by myself. But after visiting Los Cabos, I feel comfortable knowing I can go there, have a good time and be safe. I wish you the same security and a great vacation!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can a 50 yr old single woman go alone?

I really don't think you'll have any problems. Even if you are in town after dark. There are a lot of people who walk back to Rose at night. Just tag along with a group walking back (better probably before midnight). I would recommend that you make at least one round trip during the day (to get your bearings) because the roads can get a little dark.

The No Where Bar as well as other places around the marina are a pretty safe place to hang out, and still fairly close walking distance to the Rose. By the way, if you get a chance, take the free shuttle from the Rose over to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. It is really a beautiful place.

Another great place to hang out just a short walk down the beach from the Rose is "The Office" (restaurant/bar right in the sand).

One more suggestion, bring a mini flashlight and a referees/coaches whistle with you. Have a great trip.