We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

(not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Topic
(not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

Sorry for ducking out for a while. I´ve missed the forum and I´m excited to be back :) Sometimes life gets in the way of what´s really important and I almost forgot how much participating in and being a part of this group of Caboholics means to me. Anyway, enough with the gushing and on to the weather.....

Here is a link to the live webcams. I´ve set the link to start with my new favorite angle which looks down the beach toward Tabasco´s, which is of course Tibber´s preferred Medano Beach hangout.

http://www.cabovillas.com/campage.asp?id=1

Still living in the updated weather center with my favorite dew point indicator, wet or dry dog (although that piece of equipment´s getting as rusty as my old thermometer, lol). The New England weather stick still hasn´t budged in months, however the wind socks (potted palms) have been moving like crazy in the breezy morning and evening hours of late. It has been warming up a bit this past week, so let´s hope the trend continues.......

Here´s to getting back on the horse and back to everything Cabo! Salud

cabo
Level Contributor
3,830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: (not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

Thursday, January 20th

It´s a beautiful 76 degree afternoon with nothing but sunshine at 2:30pm. Last night was very breezy again, but it was calmer this morning and the temperature´s definitely heating up again. Yesterday, I saw 83 degrees on my thermometer. A week ago, I never saw anything above 75. Three cruise ships in port today!

El Blog:

Well, a lot´s happened since New Year´s eve. We went to Nikki Beach for the big bash and if you ever want to feel old and unhip, that´s the place to be, lol. Packed with beautiful people at $60 bucks a head, we drank overpriced drinks that we waited forever to get, but we still managed to have a ball (even though Marcie broke a toe or something). The fireworks were spectacular and I can´t imagine being anywhere but Medano Beach for the show, although I´m sure they were just as spectacular from Tabasco´s as they were from Nikki Beach (note to self)

Cabo has seen a busier start to the year, although there have been slow days here and there. I see locals out spending more money and the streets are generally buzzing lately.

Happy Ending burned down and reopened. I actually like the new "open air" look of it, although I´m sure that´s not permanent. I´m amazed they pulled it all together so quickly and I´m glad they´re back.

Just picked up my license plate from the transit police station again! That´s 4 times now. Guess I parked in a bus stop. It was full of cars when I parked there the night before and I decided against driving home after a few drinks. The next day, I realized it was a bus stop pullout and I was the only car there.....with a ticket and without a license plate. Oh well. Could have been worse. 2 hours at the police station and 15 dollars later, I´m back in business

I´m sure plenty of other stuff has happened, but I´m not much of a note taker, lol. Happy New Year to all!

Tacoma, Wash
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: (not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

Hi Tyler!!!! Missed you!!!

Glad it's warming up!!!! Yipee!!

See you soon!!!

BSFRTT

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: (not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

Yay, so glad you are back! I need my virtual Cabo and Tyler fix!

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: (not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

Ditto sweetie,

You have been mighty missed.........SMACK...!!!!

(big kiss....;)

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: (not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

Wecome back!! We've missed you!

And I can't wait to be back in the Cabo sun. It's rainy here and 40 degrees cooler than Cabo.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,318 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: (not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

Glad to see you back here Tyler! I missed you!

We are less than 90 days until our April trip- hurry up calendar- move!

See you soon!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: (not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

So what about that rumor that I heard/started that you had a new girlfriend and that was what was keeping you away? Good to hear from you, man.

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: (not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

Hi Tyler

So glad to have you back. Thought maybe Dan and I wore ya out!! I am still trying to recover. LOL

Good to have a visual of the weather station in my mind.

Looking forward to your reports.

Lisa

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,849 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: (not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

Missed your fun updates, but glad to hear that you're back in the groove. Cabo sunshine sounds good right now.

Sorry to hear about the license plate / parking "fun."

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: (not quite) Daily Weather Update/Cabo blog- January Edition

back in action!! yippee. I know this is quite time consuming for you to help us keep our sanity until each new trip...but look forward to whatever you can spew of anything Cabo from the personal standpoint. Too bad Tibber doesn't know how to type. Although I'm sure he would try to pull our "leg" any chance he got.

Glad it was just your license plate stuck in the slammer...if not for the occasional Tyler sightings per our TAers reporting in...was worried it could be you.

See you and the dew point indicator soon, just not soon enough