We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace - your opinions please !

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, Ontario...
1 post
Save Topic
Riu Palace - your opinions please !

Very interested in hearing your reviews of the new Riu Palace in Cabo San Lucas. Thinking of visiting there in April - any info you can provide would be most appreciated.

PS, CA
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Palace - your opinions please !

Go back thru all the posts since December , and you will get an earful of what you want. Then make your own decision.

Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Palace - your opinions please !

As I have previously posted, the Riu is grossly overpriced if you are going on a package deal (from Canada). After you read all the posts, if you insist on staying at the Riu, I would recommend that you deal directly with the hotel and get in on their special opening rate.

You will pay for a 5 star hotel through a package deal and get a nice facility with some growing pains, but service and food that is mediocre at best. Paying the cheaper rate should reduce your expectations.

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Palace - your opinions please !

go back and read all the reviews...there are over 40....looks like people who have been since the new year are reporting many of the opening week(s) issues have been resolved....

toronto
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Palace - your opinions please !

Just returned from the Riu Palace last week. It was an incredible resort, absolutely first class and a very good deal. They have sorted out the problems that seemed to have plagued them on opening. Please do not hesitate to book there and have a great time!!!

Toronto,On
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Palace - your opinions please !

I totally agree with Bonzee, Traveller 1954 probably had a bad deal and a bad experience consequently.

My wife and I found an excellent deal with sunquest vacations sold on line thru a well known travel company "I travel 2000" or you can try "selloff vacations.com" we paid for a two week AI package $2000.00 p/p tax included from Jan01-Jan15,but we also found deals for one week for about $1400.00 tax incl.

Don't book directly with the resort, since their rates are not better considering you still have to pay for airfare (about $800.00 CAD) and airport transfers.

We trully enjoyed our two weeks at the RIU overall, is a beautiful hotel that is working hard to get all those bad details fixed, as any new place there is problems of organization, proper training, staffing etc. knowing all this we took a chance

and we were happy at the end.

Food was good but not great so if you are strict on what you eat you might find it dissapointing, you'll love the pools and the views from the resort, the beach is nice, you may swim at your own risk since there is no lifeguard, I found the beach safe as long as you don't venture to far out.

Any way, you will find mix reviews in this forum about this resort and that will make it difficult to decide, I tooked a chance and we were satisfied, but then again we are not very picky and for $185.00CAD per night AI (without airfare)you can't expect four seasons quality and service.