We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any surfing areas?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Any surfing areas?

As I have been looking into vacationing in Cabo(mother and 2 teenage kids), i have come to learn that most of the beaches there is no swimming. My daughter really wants to try surfing, is there anywhere this can be done?

Chicago NW Burbs
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any surfing areas?

Yes, there is a place to surf, although I did not get to try it. I stayed at Dreams Los Cabos and I'm sorry that I do not know exactly where to point you, I do know that it was further north from there. We saw someone out there surfing on the way back to the airport, giving me the perfect excuse to go back. Most of the beaches are off limits to swimming only because of the tide strength. You'll understand once you see it. Hope this helps!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any surfing areas?

We took surfing lessons through and adventure company called Baja Wild. The guides/instructors were great - highly recommend them. They took us to a beach about 45 mins up the Pacific Coast that was beautiful. I believe it was called Los Cerritos beach?? There are also a few beaches close to San Jose that we were told the surfing was good as well. Unfortunately, I don't remember their names. There are many little "surf schools" that you can take lessons from. I'm sure your concierge will be able to point you in the right direction. From what I recall, you could schedule a lesson the same day.

Have fun!!

Vancouver, BC
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any surfing areas?

Hey Halreyladie,

I'm an avid surfer visiting Cabo for the first time Feb7-14 and been doing a little of my own research on this. If your daughter is just trying surfing for the first time, she'd probably be best off trying the breaks at Costa Azul (between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose). The surf shop there should be able to set her up with a rental. If she's game for something a little more "serious", the bigger swells are hitting the Pacific side this time of year, north of Cabo San Lucas towards Todos Santos. Check out http://www.costa-azul.com.mx.