We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DRinking the Water??? Do's and Don'ts in CABO?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bellevue, NE
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
DRinking the Water??? Do's and Don'ts in CABO?

We have never been to Mexico and are headed to Cabo next month. Is it safe to "drink the water" ie. ice cubes and so on. also, is it a good idea to leave jewelry, specifically wedding rings and such back home or are we pretty safe.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DRinking the Water??? Do's and Don'ts in CABO?

I have never had any problem with ice cubes, or anything for that matter. I do not like the taste of the tap water though, so I prefer to drink bottled water. I would just use common sense with jewelry. I kept my wedding rings on, and put other valuables in the safe when I didn't need them.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,461 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DRinking the Water??? Do's and Don'ts in CABO?

I agree with amtw. I have never had a problem and I don't mind the tap water. It's just a matter of taste and sensitivity too.

Use the safe and keep tickets and passports all organized---make sure to not lose your visitors pass, keep it with important papers or in wallet. See ya there next month---21 more days!!Yeah.

Dunoon, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DRinking the Water??? Do's and Don'ts in CABO?

We took advice from the forum and stocked up our bellies with good bacteria before we left and during the trip.(Acidophillus -that how you spell it?!) Took a supplement before we left, then the yoghurt drinks. We had no problems at all in the 3 weeks of travel.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,213 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DRinking the Water??? Do's and Don'ts in CABO?

Dave-so glad that worked! I used to always do that, but have found I am okay in Baja.

Stacy, don't worry. You will be just fine. I wear my wedding ring with no worries. I would suggest not taking a lot of jewelry though, so you can go to Mexico Lindo and buy more!

canada
Level Contributor
155 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: DRinking the Water??? Do's and Don'ts in CABO?

I agree with Kate on the jewelery. This year I am leaving it all at home lol. As far as the water I had no problem at all and I tend to have trouble with things like that. Just remember to use your safe thats what it is there for. Enjoy Cabo!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
414 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DRinking the Water??? Do's and Don'ts in CABO?

a table spoon of pepto bismol a day always works too. that way if you eat or drink something bad, the pepto has alreasy coated you stomach and your symptoms will not nearly be as BAD.

Calgary-from...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DRinking the Water??? Do's and Don'ts in CABO?

I have a SUPER DUPER sensitive stomach and I've never had a problem with the water in Cabo. No need to worry, it isn't like DR or sumthing! HAve FUN!

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
581 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DRinking the Water??? Do's and Don'ts in CABO?

I have been going to cabo for 14 years i drank water right out of the tap and never got sick if this is you first trip play it safe drink bottle water .for a good time cheap drinks try the _no where bar _ or love shack .dont take all your bling bling jewelry with you .all hotels have safes i keep all my extra money and my rolex there .

mexico
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: DRinking the Water??? Do's and Don'ts in CABO?

hello i am from mexico and i´ve never had a problem with ice cubes. About the water we always drink bottled water or from the restaurants,

the one from the place you wash ur hands or from the sink it is not purified(i don´t know the word in english so i hope u understand) at least where i live (guadalajara) we don´t drink that kind of water.

I would recommend that you leave ur values in the safe it´s better to be cautious

Get answers to your questions about Cabo San Lucas