We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

Going to Cabo for the first time and staying at the Hotel Finisterra. Someone at work highly recommended a restaurant called the Trailer Park.

It is supposedly across from the Chevy dealer, wherever that might be in relation to my hotel. But I will probably have to take a cab to get there.

Would anyone know how this restaurant rates and if it's worth the trip.

Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

There are two right across the street from each other and both claim to be the orginal one! We went their last yr... 6.5 out of 10. We are back riggt now and out of the 4 dinners we had- dinner at jazmins in san jose was the best. If u r in cabo on a thur.... look into going to san jose for the art walk.... really nice if u enjoy art and jewelery.

Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

There are two right across the street from each other and both claim to be the orginal one! We went their last yr... 6.5 out of 10. We are back riggt now and out of the 4 dinners we had- dinner at jazmins in san jose was the best. If u r in cabo on a thur.... look into going to san jose for the art walk.... really nice if u enjoy art and jewelery.

Gig Harbor, WA
Level Contributor
36 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

We made a point of going several years ago as it was highly recommended to us as well. It was definitely not even close to our best meal, and in our several trips to Cabo since then we have never considered going back. There are too many great places to eat.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

Kind of an urban legend. Back in the 90's and earlier years, the trailer park was supposed to be a pretty good place. Cabo was much smaller then and the choices more limited. With growth comes competition and there are new restaurants opening up all the time. Trapper's List will keep you advised of who is currently the best. There have been restaurants that at one time were on the list but they have been beat out by newer or improved offerings (new management/chef).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

I am very confused as to what "Trailer Park" restaurant I am looking for.

According to my internet research and reading posts on this forum there seems to be more than one restaurant associated with the name Trailer Park.

According to the internet there was a restaurant NICKNAMED the Trailer Park that was actually the

"El FaroViejo" restaurant, and the food was supposed to be delicious. But supposedly that restaurant was sold by the original owners, still retains the nickname Trailer Park but reviews say the locals don't go there anymore.

Then there's a Trailer Park restaurant that is supposed to be located next to the City Club.

Then I read that there is a Trailer Park restaurant behind Lennys Deli near town.

Oh, and then one of these restaurants claim the logo --"The Original Trailer Park" restaurant.

At this point I really have no idea as to which restaurant some people have raved about or which ones are the spinoffs or fakes.

Maybe they are all overpriced and overrated and not worth the trip.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

Check out the thread: Hidden Cabo: the Original Trailer Park Restaurant

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k35871…

I explain the whole history of the Trailer Park Restaurant. Now, in my opinion, the best Trailer Park food is now the restaurant at Vagabundos del Mar trailer park on the opposite side of the 4 lane from WalMart Plaza. It is owned by Joe from Acapulco.

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
841 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

Over the years I’ve noticed that many restaurants claim to have some connection to the old El Faro Viejo restaurant (AKA: The Trailer Park). The one most commonly referred to as the Trailer Park among my friends now-a-days is La Golondrina (loscabosguide.com/restaurants/lagolondrina.h…) which is located next to City Club. Another restaurant that lays claim to an association with the Trailer Park is The Original Park (http://www.loscabosguide.com/theoriginalpark). It too is located near City Club and across the street from La Golondrina.

Of the two, La Golondrina wins hands down in my opinion. La Golondrina offers great food, good service and amazing nighttime ambiance at comparable prices. We eat at La Golondrina almost every year. I last dined at The Original Park a few months ago. It was OK but not anything special. That experience was consistent with others I've had over the years. But that’s just one man’s opinion… Things can change quickly in the restaurant world.

Edited: 11:15 pm, November 05, 2010
Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

I love the Trailer Park Restaurant stories. It's one of the things that led me to this forum and Matapule's thread: "Hidden Cabo: the Original Trailer Park Restaurant" is as accurate and complete as I've read.

For reference, this is the original trailer park:

wikimapia.org/#lat=22.8945995&lon=-109.92053…

La Golondrina and Lenny's accross the street:

wikimapia.org/#lat=22.8916147&lon=-109.90679…

Vagabundos Trailer Park :

wikimapia.org/…b

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

I have been to La Golondrinas and the Original park across from it and both were good but not outstanding and both offer different atmospheres with the Park open and loud like a pub, and Golondrina a lighted garden that has a more special ntimate setting. Both are over priced and I would only go if I had vouchers for Los Cabos guide to put the cost more in line.

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
841 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant called the "Trailer Park"

Kenrabs, I think you’re correct concerning price. Though the food and ambiance are better at La Golondrina when compared to The Original Park and the prices are comparable, both are really too expensive. I feel the same way about The Office. There are several fantastic restaurants in Cabo that are better values.

When it comes right down to it, I’m a repeat customer at La Golondrina primarily because my wife loves the nighttime ambiance and the food is really good. I frequent The Office because I enjoy a good dinner while wiggling my toes in the sand. I pay the price because I’m on vacation. If I lived in Cabo I’d be much more critical.

Edited: 8:30 am, November 06, 2010