We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone can give me some information on these resorts? I'm trying to plan a vacation in Feb, but I'm not too sure which one is the best choice.

We're looking for some place fune, very nice, beautiful, has a lot of choices at the resort for fun, swim up bars, maybe a disco, nice resturants, and just over all a nice view. Also, we are looking to be closer to Cabo San Lucas. I've heard that's the best place to be. More to do in that town then the other town where the airpot is? Is that true??

Which town has better shopping, night life etc.?

Thanks for your help!!

Chad

New Jersey
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

My now fiance and I, he proposed while we were in Cabo, stayed at the Riu in September. We both enjoyed it however, I must tell you...do not simply accept the first room they give you if you do not like it. I had requested a King size oceanfront room when I made the reservation. When we got there they attempted to put us in a double room with no ocean view. I immediately went back to the front desk and I told them about my request and they changed our room without argument.

Other than that we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Ontario
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

I am so happy to read your great thoughts about this resort. We are scheduled to go there for one week, starting March 11.

PLEASE help. I think there is ONE airport for the Cabo area?? Am I right? We can take a tourist bus but would like to beat the "rush" at check-in at the Riu. Does anyone have an idea of how much a taxi would be to the Riu from the airport?

Thanks in advance,

Northgal :-)

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
957 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

Same here on the room situation! The 1st room we had at Riu Palace was towards the back of the resort looking over a chicken coop! It was AWFUL! We had to wait 1 day until other guests left and they moved us to a phenomenal room looking directly over the pool and out to the gorgeous sea.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

Thanks Diane!

I'm glad to hear such great reviews!! Please let me know of anything else that I may need to know for this trip. I appreciate all your advice!!!

Chad

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,752 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

You can book airport shuttles, which would be cheaper than a cab (they run apx. $60). Take a look at www.loscabosguide.com for suggestions, as well as the search bar.

Portage IN
12 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

Wow everyone has great things to say about the Riu-- I will have to think about that. We stayed at Dreams last June and are planning to back again this year. It was truly a Wonderful experience. Gotta look into the Riu though???? after all of the great postings!!

Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

I just got back from the Riu Palace this past Sunday and LOVED it - definitely would go back there!! I already want to go back. I wrote a long review on it but it hasn't been posted yet.

london canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

Definitely Cabo San Lucas...you have all the nightlife Cabo Wabo,El quid Roe, Giggling Marlin...riu is only a $10 cab ride from town.....stayed there last Feb...awesome Awesome Awesome.....

19. Re: Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:12 pm, March 24, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
228 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Dreams Los Cabos, or Crown...

Just back from Dreams------go to RIU!